Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-03-2014, 01:46 PM

A true love story

No words needed, just watch this, and I think I'm in love with that young man who made it possible!

His Wife Of 75 Years Died A Month Ago, Then He Wrote This Song For Her. I'm in Tears.

http://blog.petflow.com/im-in-tears-...d-its-perfect/
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-03-2014, 07:12 PM
Oh Pat thanks for that. What a beautiful story and it had me in tears too

Love the song

Isn't it sad that one of them have to go first when they've been married for such a long time and clearly had the most wonderful marriage.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-03-2014, 07:25 PM
Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
Oh Pat thanks for that. What a beautiful story and it had me in tears too

Love the song

Isn't it sad that one of them have to go first when they've been married for such a long time and clearly had the most wonderful marriage.
Indeed. I know a few long time married couples who are both just waiting for the other to go first so they can be free of them!

And weren't they a handsome couple in their youth?

And I thought he was still a lovely looking man in his nineties. A definite case of character showing through.

I gave it up as a bad job when it dawned on me that I was dreading going into old age with him! And hell, I am so much younger now than I was back then!

To be frank I was dreading him stop working away and being home all the time. Wake up call ... time to do something about it!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

23-03-2014, 07:53 PM
What a wonderful story and so sad when one is always left behind when they have been so happy together.
It certainly did make me cry.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-03-2014, 08:05 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
What a wonderful story and so sad when one is always left behind when they have been so happy together.
It certainly did make me cry.
Yes Lynn tearjerking but so heartwarming too eh?

Whenever I hear people say they will 'stay together forever' I can't help but think 'you'd both have to die on the same day for that to happen'.

As with our dogs I suppose - the greater the love we have for them the greater the heartbreak when they die.

So with people who have been truly happily married - the longer the marriage the greater the heartache for the surviving partner.

I just loved it not for just the old man but wasn't that young bloke a STAR? Hope for the future with young blokes like him around! So sensitive to the old man's feelings. If he never does anything else noteworthy in his life I reckon that young bloke has done a greater thing for one person than most of us will ever be able to do in our lives.

Priceless - how could you put a value on how much that meant to that old man?
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

23-03-2014, 08:10 PM
That is exactly what I thought what a star that young bloke was. He could of received that envelope and binned it as it didn't fit any of the criteria did it for the competition.
Makes you believe in the human race again reading stories like that.
So nice to read nice things instead of all the bad things that are happening and that sell papers.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-03-2014, 08:52 PM
Wow,that's honest true love right there Such a gorgeous man and what a beautiful tribute to his soulmate