Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
AussieGeek
Almost a Veteran
Female 

23-05-2008, 06:09 PM

A Dogsey Thank You For None Doggy Help

Well I just wanted to thank everyone that helped me with the horses. I know there was some misunderstanding but in all you guys helped me alot. We thought we would try and put an older Mare in the pasture that the girls had previously been pastured with (shes a 15 year old Mustang) and I have now realized that Dixie was just very nervous and really unsure of what to do. And on top of trying to raise this baby she felt she had to be on guard 24/7. But now with another mare in there I think it feels more like a herd to her and she has settled down nicely. I have had her out of the pasture the past two days and groomed her, without trying to push it too far. Today we finally got some fly spray on her and got her groomed some more. I also took her alone on a walk around the farm and she did great, its something we used to do and I think she enjoyed it. She has been walking up to me whether I'm inside the pasture or not. She still seems shy with other people including my husband but she is coming along just nicely. I think Luna having her own confidence now is also helping. Anywayz, I just really wanted to thank everyone for their suggestions and all. It really made me think, after I got over being mad at her for the way she was acting, that there really is something bugging her.
zoeybeau1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-05-2008, 09:20 PM
No worries hun that's what we are here for, to help each other with problem's.xxxxxxxxxxxxx
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-05-2008, 09:54 PM
Wonderful news, glad it all turned out well. Hope Dixie keeps it up, sounding good.
AussieGeek
Almost a Veteran
Female 

24-05-2008, 12:33 AM
Just noticed that I mess up the title O well I think ya'll know what I mean.

Just wanted to add something that I forgot to add up there. Dixie and Luna are actually having quality mom and daughter time They have been spending a decent amount of time together but Luna is still her indipendant self and wanders off sometimes.

Thanks Zoeybeau Im glad there are no hard feelings