Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-04-2008, 11:48 AM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Wooooahh! I love that fluffy one, he means business doesn't he! Great pics, thanks!
He's my favourite too
Lionhound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-04-2008, 11:57 AM
Great pics, would love to watch a training session
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-05-2008, 02:25 PM
Originally Posted by Lionhound View Post
Great pics, would love to watch a training session
The Nationals are being held this week in Merseyside, but it is probably a bit far.

Police dogs used to regularly give displays but it doesn't seem as popular these days unfortunately.
workinggsd
Dogsey Junior
Female 

01-05-2008, 03:10 PM
Originally Posted by Moobli View Post

Police dogs used to regularly give displays but it doesn't seem as popular these days unfortunately.
Seems to be a short supply of teams these days as well as some forces are reducing the size of the sections ,as well as doing away with them completley, so many legislations even for the police dogs,
inkliveeva
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-05-2008, 09:10 PM
brilliant pics, I used to go to x pd trainers with inka and kain but kain couldn't handle it at all, didn't trust me for days, takes a certain type of dog i think !
Lorna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-05-2008, 09:29 AM
Fantastic pics!!!!!!!!!!
boobah
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-05-2008, 10:18 AM
Great pics,Shona's always asking me to be a stooge for Kaos I always decline, xxxxx
5dog
Dogsey Junior
Male 

05-05-2008, 05:31 PM
Its true dog sections used to give displays or visits regularly but most have been cut or their duties have been changed so there isnt as much free time.

Also in this ever fearful world , limatations are placed on training, cant be done without an instructor present, everything has to be risk assest, twice, disclaimers signed and so on and so on.

Some forces dont allow other dog handlers to decoy for the dogs anymore as they are not qualified to run for a dog. Instead trained decoys or instructors have to do the leg work, it gets a bit sore after the tenth dog

Good pictures though. Training is moving away from the bite suit and to more covert hidden sleeves to try and make it a bit more realistic
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-08-2008, 07:14 PM
Originally Posted by Hali View Post
Great pics.

I've always fancied being the stooge (so long as I'm fully padded) so I can experience just how powerful these dogs are.
if ya like you can have a go with the boys when we meet you next

fab photos moobli thanks for sharing,,
Heldengebroed
Dogsey Senior
Male 

06-08-2008, 01:51 PM
Originally Posted by Heather and Zak View Post
Brilliant pics, It must take some guts to become a stooge, imagine the power in those dogs.
I decoy on a regular basis

First time you stand there, with a soft dog that is sent from only a few yards, you're petrified

Later on you're talking to your friends and making jokes. With the dog running full speed at you. When the dog is only a few feet from you, and only then, you pull your arm (putting your arm in a possition for the dog to bite in)

Worst thing is with this weather you're in a suit that weights about 20 kg, with no airco, and your running around with a dog hanging on you. Sometimes (happend once this year to me) you simply black out and wake up with a dog on your arm.

Greetings

Johan
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >