Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-12-2018, 08:16 AM

Daily Thread, Wednesday, 5th December, 2018

Good morning all. I trust you are all ok and your four legged friends, and puppies also.

Today is the anniversary of my dad's death 52 years ago, he was only 50 when he died after a long 18 months in hospital. It was a mercy when he eventually died, he suffered so much.

Griff, glad Steve is going to be home with Molly for Christmas!

Have a good day everyone, wrap up warm and dry and make sure you keep safe and well. God bless.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-12-2018, 11:25 AM
Morning Moyra
Sorry to hear about your dad, my dad's dad went at 49 went to sleep and didn't suffer...the bad don't seem to suffer. I hope you spend some time remembering happy times
I am not glad Steve is going to be home at Christmas, I was hoping this year he would go to his sisters...Molly gets on fine with her gsd so she could go too but he isn't going so best I can do is make sure they have prezzies and dinner. He has an advent calendar, put up Christmas decorations and has agreed to wear the Christmas jumpers I have bought him for work so I am cracking him slowly...maybe next year I will find out what has gone on with his sister and fix it...but when someone says it's fine you can't do much
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-12-2018, 12:45 PM
Good afternoon Moyra, Griff and all who follow

You are good to Steve Griff I hope he enjoys his Christmas with your help.

Hugs Moyra, just think of the good times yu had with your dad.

Miserable here today and has only really just stopped raining. Done nothing except wash the bedding which is going through the tumble dryer then I will iron it and hopefully get her ladyship out for a walk. Good day for catching up of programmes I had forgotten about

Hope all two and four legged are well

Have a good day and stay safe and dry.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-12-2018, 01:59 PM
Good afternoon all.

Miserable day here today. That drizzly stuff that gets you wet and you don't really know why. Not really ideal when you are still having breathing problems, but hey ho.

Gary should have had his lifeline fitted today, but the lady who was coming to do it has phoned in sick so that was cancelled until she comes back to work so that's that for at least a week at a guess if not longer.

I lost my mam 5 years ago as of yesterday, Moyra so I know how down it makes you. No matter how much you can think of the good things on other days, it's the end you tend to dwell on on the anniversary and, in my mam's case, that wasn't good .

The strange thing is that it was the same day my son was cleared of cancer after six weeks of testing to see what the heck was wrong with him. They both went in hospital within a day of each other and we swear my mam hung on until he got that good news. Very much a mix of emotions on that day and a time I would never ever want to experience again
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

05-12-2018, 02:48 PM
Afternoon Moyra, griff, Sue, Chris and all to follow.

Wet miserable day here to. Been shopping went to look at condenser dryers in Curry's liked the Indesit one came home and ordered online plus the Shark cordless vacuum cleaner. A lot cheaper if you buy the pink one.
Both arriving Sunday so gives Gorden time to sort the electrics in the outside shed for the overflow freezer that Dillon and I will be sharing till he can set up electric in the 2nd shed so Dillon can have his freezer back.
Tumble dryer will be going in the kitchen where Dillons freezer now sits.

griff what a shame Steve and his sister have fallen out.
Hope you are enjoying your catch up tv day Sue.
Chris how annoying the lifeline cannot be fitted today. I know people need to be off sick but you would of thought for important things there might be a standby person.

Losing loved ones anniversaries are so difficult. Lost my dad in August 1998 and mum will be 4 years in February. Gill will be 9 months on the 15th. Although she was so ill last year she was still physically with us this year it is hard everywhere I go I see little presents I would of picked up with sister on them and think Gill would like that only to remember she isn't with us anymore. Physically anyway.

Peter has flown out to Disneyland today with Neill, Linda and Jack first time on an aeroplane he was feeling worried and excited all at the same time.
Maisie the whippet has gone to stay at a home from home type place 8 acres of fenced in land her own room with a sofa and a tv to. Recommended to Linda by people who she works with.
They will be back for Christmas just.
He loves it up in Wrexham and often says how much Gill would of loved the markets especially this time of year.

Hope everyone and all four legged friends are well today.