Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-07-2011, 12:37 PM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
And the reason you all had to go through that was because..... of the abuse of the benefit /invalidity system.

It has been forced to re-evaluate claimants because so many claim, and are not deserving.

As with all abuse, the innocent pay the price1
I agree that there are those who abuse the system, what I dont agree with is that that is the sole reason for her going through that.

They have changed the system again. Why? So they can avoid paying out by another huge percentage of cases, thats why. So we can fund millionaires like David Cameron claiming disability for his son although they far from need the money and of course millions in bonuses to the bankers who work FOR US THE TAXPAYER

now that really is the last time......lol
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-07-2011, 01:00 PM
Originally Posted by Kerryowner View Post
Yes, when I worked at the Post Office my friend's husband had a severe spinal and leg injuries due to a RTA in which he was the innocent party. He had to go to medicals every so often for his benefits and the doctors used to apologise for what they had to put him through because of the ones who were abusing the system.
But thats not an injustice really as they test to be sure he needs to be on those benefits. If he wants the benefits he has to prove that he is eligible. Not pleasant but fair. I doubt they appologised for that reason as they need to stay imparial however they may have said sorry as it was painful for him.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-07-2011, 01:33 PM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
And the reason you all had to go through that was because..... of the abuse of the benefit /invalidity system.

It has been forced to re-evaluate claimants because so many claim, and are not deserving.

As with all abuse, the innocent pay the price1
It's nothing new. Getting DLA support (as it is called now) has never been the 'walk in the park' that people who have never been through the process often make it out to be.

Even those registered handicapped from birth have had to go through the same rigorous procedure to receive help. Trying to get day-to-day support is even harder for the thousands who need it.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

22-07-2011, 02:06 PM
Originally Posted by Dobermann View Post

This is the last I will comment on your posts JB because tbh they are full of poor informed opinion (thats the polite way of putting it)
Best to put me back on ignore then, would hate to be the cause of your "politeness" again
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

22-07-2011, 02:08 PM
Originally Posted by Brierley View Post
It's nothing new. Getting DLA support (as it is called now) has never been the 'walk in the park' that people who have never been through the process often make it out to be.

Even those registered handicapped from birth have had to go through the same rigorous procedure to receive help. Trying to get day-to-day support is even harder for the thousands who need it.
I know, ask my mother, she went through a rigorous evaluation and received for her efforts........a 7p rise
Blackie's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-07-2011, 05:43 PM
i get sick of people implying that because i was a single mom i was a scrounger...i was married to the father of my children but left due to experiencing 4yrs of violence of every sort. i have not worked since as i was my youngests carer (£50 for min of 36 hours a week care). i also did voluntary work in schools, beavers and church to give back to society. i only did a few days/afternoons/mornings a week to fit in with school hours but it made me feel that i was a worthwhile member of society.

as for a woman on benefits getting a horse - that is her business. as you say she is a horsey person she must know what she is letting herself in for. maybe the child that is working is sharing the horse and expenses.

to be honest it is nothing to do with us how this lady spends her money or what on
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-07-2011, 05:51 PM
Originally Posted by Blackie's Mum View Post
i get sick of people implying that because i was a single mom i was a scrounger...i was married to the father of my children but left due to experiencing 4yrs of violence of every sort. i have not worked since as i was my youngests carer (£50 for min of 36 hours a week care). i also did voluntary work in schools, beavers and church to give back to society. i only did a few days/afternoons/mornings a week to fit in with school hours but it made me feel that i was a worthwhile member of society.

as for a woman on benefits getting a horse - that is her business. as you say she is a horsey person she must know what she is letting herself in for. maybe the child that is working is sharing the horse and expenses.

to be honest it is nothing to do with us how this lady spends her money or what on
Excellent post
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-07-2011, 05:24 PM
Originally Posted by Blackie's Mum View Post

and this is it

no one knows how much money she gets, if she has other income which is totally declared, if its a partial gift......people just assume....
Page 19 of 19 « First < 9 16 17 18 19