Our sister sites
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-05-2011, 12:43 PM
Originally Posted by Ben Mcfuzzylugs View Post
well said....
Thankyou.
I know people who breed their own rabbits and birds for food... Nothing registered. They also slaughter them, you would hope quickly but nothing in life is always perfect. Just like with birds that are shot.
No one speaks up about that though...
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

08-05-2011, 01:10 PM
Originally Posted by Ramble View Post
My ex had to watch the halal slaughter of an animal in a slaughterhouse once, very distressing, but no more so than the chickens being shocked and it not always working. Then there us the fact that many young, male chicks are killed fairly horrifically.
I think before we question how others are with animals we should look to ourselves.

As for Muslims and dogs, they see a dog's saliva as unclean, if it touches them they have to go through a pretty intense
cleansing routine.
My neighbours are Muslim, I saw one of them this morning when out with Cosmo. It was a narrow path so he stepped aside for us and I kept Cosmo on a short lead.... Cue a cheery hello and mutual thanks and respect.

This thread is in danger of becoming them and us and racist. I won't comment further.
Sorry Ramble could`nt disagree more, this is the trouble in our Country now, you have a dislike of something of another culture, and voice it, you are then being branded as racist!

If someone other than a "muslim" took sheep /goat/cow or what ever and slit its throat and let it bleed to death in their back yard.. you would be strung up for animal cruelty.

Yet we turn a blind eye to those of Muslim faith who do it, and if we say we dont like it , we are racists

I find the whole thing abhorrent, and even worse is that "halal" meat is being served in schools and sold in supermarkets , without our knowledge "forcing" us to eat and buy meat that has been slaughtered in such a fashion.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran

08-05-2011, 01:13 PM
Thankyou.
I know people who breed their own rabbits and birds for food... Nothing registered. They also slaughter them, you would hope quickly but nothing in life is always perfect. Just like with birds that are shot.
Difference is, they have a quick death, animals slaughtered the halal way, do not .
Krusewalker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

08-05-2011, 01:14 PM
indeed

we shouldnt have any religious practices forced upon without our own free choice....halal meat, RE in schools, blaspemy laws, etc, etc
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-05-2011, 01:24 PM
Rats that are trapped or poisoned don't have a great death nor do foxes.
Birds that are shot are often not killed outright, they are then picked up by a dog before being 'dispatched' not a great death.
Animals are bundled into lorries, driven away,herded out into what must be an awful place for them and then slaughtered. We are not perfect by any stretch of the imagination.
As for racism...'we' don't like what they do..... Listen to yourself.
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran

08-05-2011, 01:28 PM
Saying "We don't like what they do" could surely refer to many things in life, it just means what it says, in itself it has no racial references at all, and Muslims are not a race, it's a faith followed by people of many races.
IsoChick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-05-2011, 01:29 PM
When we slaughter turkeys and chickens, we effectively let them bleed out (though not facing east, with a prayer!)

We are not registered to use electric shock equipment (and couldn't afford to be if we wanted to); neither could we use nearby slaughter houses.

When poultry are commercially slaughtered, they are shocked and then their necks are cut. The shock might not always work - it only renders them unconcious, not dead.

Whilst personally I don't like the idea of eating horsemeat; how is it any worse than the fact we eat cows (which Hindu's don't eat) or pigs (which muslims and jews don't eat)?
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-05-2011, 01:43 PM
A lot of the food laws were made for common sense reasons. Pigs were unclean because the meat goes off fast in a hot country in addition they are the other host for a human tapeworm. Makes sense to steer clear of them.

Cows a bit different as they are sacred rather than unclean.

rune
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran

08-05-2011, 01:45 PM
Rats that are trapped or poisoned don't have a great death nor do foxes.
Birds that are shot are often not killed outright, they are then picked up by a dog before being 'dispatched' not a great death.
Animals are bundled into lorries, driven away,herded out into what must be an awful place for them and then slaughtered. We are not perfect by any stretch of the imagination.
As for racism...'we' don't like what they do..... Listen to yourself.
You are not going to make me feel I am being racist by the fact fact I use "we" in my post.

Using "we", "you" , "them" does not equal racism, and the fact you have insinuated they do, proves exactly my point,

You cant express an opinion on something, because someone will accuse you are beign racist.

And as this thread is about "Halal " meat, thats what I commented on.

We live in a PC world that has gone completey crazy!
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-05-2011, 02:00 PM
This thread is going off topic. The OP only expressed an opinion as i did. Just because you dont agree with other cultures practises towards ritual killings & attitude towards dogs, does not make you a racist.
Page 2 of 41 < 1 2 3 4 5 12 > Last »