Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-01-2011, 10:04 AM
Originally Posted by rune View Post
We have always fouind them more than helpful and I was under the impression that they had a nationwide policy on it. I'll check that up and if they have than the branch near you wants a kick!

rune
As I said, I have trapped for the SAME branch before, this time however, they were less than helpful. They wouldnt help.
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-01-2011, 10:23 AM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
Already said that Ive trapped for them, however, you will find them rather uwilling to do this now, or less willing shall I say. We had one near here, they wouldnt help, that was recently.
That needs taken up with their HQ. Look at the website. Its ongoing - my friends do it almost daily, trapping ferals. Its in everyones interests, especially the cats that numbers are kept under control
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-01-2011, 10:25 AM
As I said, I have trapped for the SAME branch before, this time however, they were less than helpful. They wouldnt help.
I agree with Rune, you should take it up with their HQ, it states clearly on their website that its nationwide.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-01-2011, 10:55 AM
Originally Posted by Velvetboxers View Post
I agree with Rune, you should take it up with their HQ, it states clearly on their website that its nationwide.
I have no intention of doing that now, I persued it at the time to no avail. As I have repeatedly said I trapped Cats for them before, I KNOW what their "policies" are, they, on this occasion REFUSED.
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-01-2011, 12:00 PM
I have no intention of doing that now, I persued it at the time to no avail. As I have repeatedly said I trapped Cats for them before, I KNOW what their "policies" are, they, on this occasion REFUSED.
Can imagine the frustration - didn't they give you valid reasons for refusal?
Noushka05
Dogsey Senior
Female 

10-01-2011, 12:20 PM
only just found these posts

Originally Posted by rune View Post
So is it OK to shoot and hunt 'wild' animals but not domestic ones?

If so why?

rune
Such hypocrisy hey

Originally Posted by spot View Post
Ironic or what - I wonder how many of those involved in fox hunting would agree with killing the hounds after they had killed someones pet cat?
Exactly! yet more hypocrisy!

sadly tho those poor hounds are just as much victims as the fox is
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-01-2011, 01:45 PM
Can imagine the frustration - didn't they give you valid reasons for refusal?
Not really, no foster homes was one, should there be a problem with any of the ops and they couldnt go back immediately. Not sure how "valid" that was though.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

10-01-2011, 02:40 PM
Originally Posted by NOUSHKA05 View Post
so because a domestic cat turns feral its becomes a different species lmfao

Oh dear, the language of a sewer cat

Where did I say they "feral cats" are a different species to the domesticated one.

like mink they are not indiginous to our country they wreak havoc on wildlife and should not be predating on it!....unlike mink they are a DOMESTICATED animal who as such dont belong ANYWHERE in ANY habitat ...be they feral or pet!

Matters not one bit whether they are indigenous to our country, they are here, and as such we deal with what we have got.

and i think you'll find i have never said a wild native species should never be controlled if its damaging its habitat, but it should be done with the whole ecology of that area in mind based scientific data....not randomly shot by some hunter or other....that is NOT conservation!
Who`s arguing with you, you seem to be able to accomplish that all by your self with yourself
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

10-01-2011, 03:20 PM
What do you class as vermin?

Out of curiosity. any gunmen I have ever known have gundogs, you dont appear to??
Had to chuckle about the 'gunmen' bit! Makes me sound like i should of been on the grassy knowl in Dallas in 1963.

Me personally i regard any pest specie as vermin which is causing concern.

I dont have a gundog breed because the majority of my shooting is woodpigeon where im sitting in a hide and i dont need to retrieve the birds very often.Rabbits i pick up myself and put in a bag.I do rough shoot as well,but thats always with a friend with his Springer who does the flushing.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-01-2011, 03:23 PM
Originally Posted by Steve View Post
Had to chuckle about the 'gunmen' bit! Makes me sound like i should of been on the grassy knowl in Dallas in 1963.

Me personally i regard any pest specie as vermin which is causing concern.

I dont have a gundog breed because the majority of my shooting is woodpigeon where im sitting in a hide and i dont need to retrieve the birds very often.Rabbits i pick up myself and put in a bag.I do rough shoot as well,but thats always with a friend with his Springer who does the flushing.
I knew it was you!!! I dont own gundogs either, I own a gun though.
Page 36 of 37 « First < 26 33 34 35 36 37 >