Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-10-2010, 09:17 AM
Originally Posted by werewolf View Post
However, that could be the same type of reports ref Elivis still being with us.
Elvis is alive and well and living with Michael Jackson----a builder saw them!

rune
werewolf
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-10-2010, 10:11 AM
Originally Posted by rune View Post
Elvis is alive and well and living with Michael Jackson----a builder saw them!

rune
I don't know whether to laugh or cry, lol
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-10-2010, 10:41 AM
However, that could be the same type of reports ref Elivis still being with us.
I don't think Radio 4 would stoop to that!
nddogs
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-10-2010, 10:57 AM
I live very close to where this stag was killed I have heard rumours that the body was left and the head taken and that the body weighed 300kg. IF this was the case I feel it is very unlikely that this was simply a 'cull' as you average legal deer stalker would take it home for the feezer not just take the head. Also no one would know that the stag had been shot IF the body had not been left people would just persume it had gone missing if after a few mounths there were no sightings.

I am not against culling deer, I am against people just keeping the head of an animal as that animal has died and IMO it is very disrespectful to not take the whole animal and use/eat it.

IMO IF the stag was shot just for it head it is terrible.

But I am not against legal culling where the animal is used.

Sophie

Edited to add that apartently the body found was 300kg.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-10-2010, 01:12 PM
Dawn, how can we care about something or someone we do not know exists???
Precisely my point! If people GENUINELY cared about the countryside and the Deer in particular, they would know about this animal, its been publicized for over two years to my knowledge.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-10-2010, 01:14 PM
Originally Posted by nddogs View Post
I live very close to where this stag was killed I have heard rumours that the body was left and the head taken and that the body weighed 300kg. IF this was the case I feel it is very unlikely that this was simply a 'cull' as you average legal deer stalker would take it home for the feezer not just take the head. Also no one would know that the stag had been shot IF the body had not been left people would just persume it had gone missing if after a few mounths there were no sightings.

I am not against culling deer, I am against people just keeping the head of an animal as that animal has died and IMO it is very disrespectful to not take the whole animal and use/eat it.

IMO IF the stag was shot just for it head it is terrible.

But I am not against legal culling where the animal is used.

Sophie

Edited to add that apartently the body found was 300kg.
Wow! Yet other "reports" said they saw two men putting him into the back of a van!!
nddogs
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-10-2010, 02:56 PM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
Wow! Yet other "reports" said they saw two men putting him into the back of a van!!
Hi sorry, am a bit confused do you mean you've heard other reports of people putting the whole animal in a van? Because thats not what I said in that post. But if there are reports of that and it is just that a large stag has been legaly shot and going to be eaten etc don't I have that much of a problem with it. Sorry but would you mind explaining.

Again I am not against legally culling deer.

Thanks

Sophie
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-10-2010, 04:23 PM
Probably helped the stalker immensely! But then people like to do that dont they, tame wild animals.
I know. I must admit I find it hard to sympathise with those upset by the death of an animal when it's been brought about by them thinking they are ''friends'' with it by feeding it in their gardens etc!

Yeah the media. Good at hype eh? How many times had they reported on the "majestic beast" beforehand?
Well I don't know about you, but if the new was full of ''here are some deer living happily'' every day I'd stop reading. We want to hear 'news' and this is now 'news'.

Originally Posted by rune View Post
No justification for shooting anything for sport. Majestic or not!

One life is IMO equal in importance to any other. With exceptions---but they are usually human!

rune
Agree, was just stressing.

Originally Posted by Vicki View Post
I don't think Radio 4 would stoop to that!
I agree.

What has happened is a load of local folk have told tale after tale and no one actually seems to know the truth now. It's all speculation and gossip.

The fact is, is he was killed there is no justification for it.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-10-2010, 04:59 PM
Originally Posted by nddogs View Post
Hi sorry, am a bit confused do you mean you've heard other reports of people putting the whole animal in a van? Because thats not what I said in that post. But if there are reports of that and it is just that a large stag has been legaly shot and going to be eaten etc don't I have that much of a problem with it. Sorry but would you mind explaining.

Again I am not against legally culling deer.

Thanks

Sophie
Oh yes! Thats the media for you! Aerola said:
The news programme tonight did say that a van was seen being loaded with the stag, but they didn't know whose van it was
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-10-2010, 08:54 PM
This is a stag from by us, this was almost 3yrs ago and I can tell you now, he is a lot bigger then than "The Emporer." He is about 9/10yrs I think, and noticibly lacking in condition this year. His antlers are bigger than in the pic too.

http://www.chasewater.org.uk/images/...10-07%20PW.jpg

http://www.chasewater.org.uk/images/...10-07%20PW.jpg
Page 6 of 51 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 16 > Last »