Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-06-2010, 08:47 PM
Originally Posted by gsdmad View Post
i am very glad to hear that the fox in question was caught and killed.
A fox was caught and killed, we shall never know if it was the fox in question though

Originally Posted by Hali
How about first cot is close to the door. Your attention is on the nearest screaming child. By part light you can see the child is covered in blood. You think 'how'? Turn round, switch light on, look round the room.

Personally I think its natural that when you have a child screaming in pain that is the only thing you focus on. I've walked into a room and missed all sorts of things when I've been focused on one particular thing.
Hmm yes i can see that
jan@pembs
Dogsey Junior
Female 

07-06-2010, 09:36 PM
Them poor little babes
As an ex farmers wife in the hills of Wales i can tell you that a fox is capable of anything.
I have seen the carnage of a fox getting into the deep litter shed, 40+ hens killed in a slaughtering frenzy.
Its the noise and excitement sets them off.
Have watched a fox snatch a new born lamb before it has even hit the ground or taken its 1st breath.
Chased of a fox as it tryd to drag my peahen off her nest, we lost her through the massive infection she had in the bites.
As has been said they are very teratorial so the fox caught would almost certainly be the same animal.
Just hope they do not decide to catch and release again, last time they decided to do that we had lots of starving urban foxes in our area, they had lost the ability to hunt out in the wild and we had 3 dead in our barns.
And the local hunt had a wonderfull season (hunting was allowed back then) foxes everywhere that didnt run from dogs.
Get well soon little girlies xxxx
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-06-2010, 09:42 PM
Depends on your definition of "vermin". I certainly would't class a fox as such. Vermin to me are rodents pure & simple

as for leaving doors open, i live by the sea & if you left your doors open you would get "vermin" in, from thr rocks over the road, mice defo. Flies by the dozen & heaven knows what else. Probably they didnt think.

Its appalling it happened to two babies but as has been mentioned before how can they be sure the trapped fox is the one responsible.

Mankind must take responsibility as weve pushed out & out taking over their habitat. Animals are creatures of habit, open countryside might be gone but they still want to stay on
as for feeding them, its a free world & my bro in law will go on to feed his families of Foxes & Badgers.

When i lived at home (same area) used to meet urban foxes regularly when out walking the dogs. That was along the pavements!
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-06-2010, 09:46 PM
Originally Posted by jan@pembs View Post
Them poor little babes
As an ex farmers wife in the hills of Wales i can tell you that a fox is capable of anything.
I have seen the carnage of a fox getting into the deep litter shed, 40+ hens killed in a slaughtering frenzy.
Its the noise and excitement sets them off.
Have watched a fox snatch a new born lamb before it has even hit the ground or taken its 1st breath.
Chased of a fox as it tryd to drag my peahen off her nest, we lost her through the massive infection she had in the bites.
As has been said they are very teratorial so the fox caught would almost certainly be the same animal.
Just hope they do not decide to catch and release again time
they decided to do that we had lots of starving urban foxes in our area, they had lost the ability to hunt out in the wild and we had 3 dead in our barns.
And the local hunt had a wonderfull season (hunting was allowed back then) foxes everywhere that didnt run from dogs.
Get well soon little girlies xxxx
foxes that didnt run from dogs - mass slaughter, that is sick! Hunting is barbaric vile & loathsome.
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-06-2010, 09:59 PM
Originally Posted by Velvetboxers View Post
Depends on your definition of "vermin". I certainly would't class a fox as such. Vermin to me are rodents pure & simple

as for leaving doors open, i live by the sea & if you left your doors open you would get "vermin" in, from thr rocks over the road, mice defo. Flies by the dozen & heaven knows what else. Probably they didnt think.

Its appalling it happened to two babies but as has been mentioned before how can they be sure the trapped fox is the one responsible.

Mankind must take responsibility as weve pushed out & out taking over their habitat. Animals are creatures of habit, open countryside might be gone but they still want to stay on
as for feeding them, its a free world & my bro in law will go on to feed his families of Foxes & Badgers.

When i lived at home (same area) used to meet urban foxes regularly when out walking the dogs. That was along the pavements!

Don't rats deserve the same respect as foxes?

Is that because rats aren't cute and fluffy and don't look like dogs?

rune
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-06-2010, 10:54 PM
Originally Posted by rune View Post
Don't rats deserve the same respect as foxes?

Is that because rats aren't cute and fluffy and don't look like dogs?

rune
Actually rats are a very clean animal & intelligent, however they poo & urinate everywhere, mice are the worst offenders. Rats give wide respect but mice....... :/
jan@pembs
Dogsey Junior
Female 

07-06-2010, 11:22 PM
Originally Posted by Velvetboxers View Post
foxes that didnt run from dogs - mass slaughter, that is sick! Hunting is barbaric vile & loathsome.
So tell the do gooders who dumped the urban foxes in the countryside to starve to death and be hunted in the 1st place.

Oh and on another note ... foxes will go for the tendew bits 1st, lips, EYES ears.
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-06-2010, 11:22 PM
I do wonder if peoples perceptions of Foxes come from cartoons like Fox and the hound and images of Foxes being chased by dogs? I use to think that Foxes were the bee's knee's the first time someone (a farmer non the less) asked to borrow Diesel to help with a Fox problem (his Fox hating reputation is that bad!!) I was horrified, but then I realised farmers need to live, to them Foxes are vermin who need to be controlled, Foxes espcially urbans start to associate people with food, bins are great, I don't know bout else where but here we now have at least three bins per house/flat, food waste, recyling, non-recyling, this could make it harder for mr fox, but they still see houses as a food source, because of this source they get closer and closer, more use to human behaviour less afraid...

Foxes can do damage, generally you wouldn't want any other wild carnivore near your house your family (well maybe hedgehogs ), so why are cute fluffy Foxes any different?
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-06-2010, 06:11 AM
Originally Posted by DevilDogz View Post
Yeah thats another thing suspected? Because its normal for a fox to let its self in to a house and seek out a victim.

something dont add up for me anyways.
Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post
I don`t believe it. Sorry.
Originally Posted by AliceandDogs View Post
Two things I don't quite understand with this story:

a. Why would the fox start attacking one child, stop half way through and start on the other one?

b. Surely when the first was attacked, the child would start screaming or atleast awaken the other baby. Wouldn't this alert the parents? How did the fox have time to attack both children?

I don't know, could well be a fox but something doesnt add up to me...

Im wityh these girls, "something" dosent ring true, We were disccussing it at Club last night & not one of use believed that it was as it has been reported.
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-06-2010, 07:05 AM
Originally Posted by mishflynn View Post
Im wityh these girls, "something" dosent ring true, We were disccussing it at Club last night & not one of use believed that it was as it has been reported.
So what do you think happened to the children?
Page 7 of 20 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 17 > Last »