View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-06-2010, 06:19 PM
Alice there was also an older son in the bed room at the TIME of the attack??? 4 year old boy.
Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-06-2010, 06:20 PM
According to the news, one of these babies has been transferred to Great Ormond Street, poor little thing, I hope that poor baby makes a full recovery... her poor parents
I don't really see why people should shut their doors, especially in the summer.. I have indoor rabbits and my doors are open and we have foxes round here too...
Not sure I believe in culling all foxes, not really sure what the answer is...
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-06-2010, 06:20 PM
Originally Posted by AliceandDogs View Post
Two things I don't quite understand with this story:

a. Why would the fox start attacking one child, stop half way through and start on the other one?
Because its a Fox, they are indiscriminate killers, why do you think they attack 50 chickens at one time, when they could just take one?

b. Surely when the first was attacked, the child would start screaming or atleast awaken the other baby. Wouldn't this alert the parents? How did the fox have time to attack both children?
As I said, its a Fox, a wild animal behaving unnaturally, they can kill livestock and foul in a second.

I don't know, could well be a fox but something doesnt add up to me...
The only thing that doesnt add up, is why they arent being culled!
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-06-2010, 06:34 PM
The whole thing is very sad.
I have to admit that on first hearing the story all I could think of was the Dingo killing in Australia that time.
Now thinking about it ........... I think the story is true
Urban foxes are getting tamer and bolder and I'm sure are quite capable of creeping, unnoticed into a house.
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-06-2010, 06:48 PM
Originally Posted by DevilDogz View Post
Ok Rune stop twisting my words, I have not said the parents should not be worried, infact i said they should make them selves aware of it..

Your question is changing every time thats why...Im not a mind reader...

no i wouldnt post and say anyone was stupied for leaving there back door open in the heat, ours is constantly for the dogs

But in this case, the fox was ment to walk past where the parents where, walk up stairs and then attack..I dont know how they could have missed all that and only noticed when the kiddies screamed!

another thing i picked up on when i watched the news was the mum said something like she saw one of the girls covered in blood, after turning the light on she saw the fox and the other girl also covered in blood??

Yeah so you can see something covered in blood in the dark, but you cant see a fox stood there that you have just walked passed to get to the child?? something still doesnt add up to me anyways.
So now you are saying the parents made it up???

rune
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-06-2010, 06:50 PM
Originally Posted by rune View Post
So now you are saying the parents made it up???

rune
I said something didnt add up ..... to me !!!
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-06-2010, 06:51 PM
Ok Rune stop twisting my words, I have not said the parents should not be worried, infact i said they should make them selves aware of it..

no i wouldnt post and say anyone was stupied for leaving there back door open in the heat, ours is constantly for the dogs

But in this case, the fox was ment to walk past where the parents where, walk up stairs and then attack..I dont know how they could have missed all that and only noticed when the kiddies screamed!

another thing i picked up on when i watched the news was the mum said something like she saw one of the girls covered in blood, after turning the light on she saw the fox and the other girl also covered in blood??

Yeah so you can see something covered in blood in the dark, but you cant see a fox stood there that you have just walked passed to get to the child?? something still doesnt add up to me anyways.
Question has been the same every time

What do YOU suggest they do? You don't want the foxes killed and you suggest that you would be 'aware' if it was a danger to your dogs.

Then you say you wouldn't blame people for opening their doors.

You are not making sense.

What would YOU do to protect the children?

rune
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-06-2010, 06:56 PM
There is nothing you can do apart from be aware and nothing i would suggested which i have already said , after all you would be protecting them for something that may or may not happen!!

I dont understand how im not making sense...I would not blame some one for having there door open because its only normal
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-06-2010, 08:01 PM

Yeah so you can see something covered in blood in the dark, but you cant see a fox stood there that you have just walked passed to get to the child?? something still doesnt add up to me anyways
How about first cot is close to the door. Your attention is on the nearest screaming child. By part light you can see the child is covered in blood. You think 'how'? Turn round, switch light on, look round the room.

Personally I think its natural that when you have a child screaming in pain that is the only thing you focus on. I've walked into a room and missed all sorts of things when I've been focused on one particular thing.

a. Why would the fox start attacking one child, stop half way through and start on the other one?

b. Surely when the first was attacked, the child would start screaming or atleast awaken the other baby. Wouldn't this alert the parents? How did the fox have time to attack both children?

Well possibly at first they think its a normal cry, perhaps for attention, which maybe they don't feel the need to rush to. Cry intensifies, or possibly after both children start screaming mum realises there is something really wrong. She then has to get up the stairs.

From someone who has experienced a dog attack on a human, believe me, a 5 second intense attack could do immense damage.

As to why it switched from one child to another - it could be a number of things. As others have said, foxes are known to do this anyway, but it could be that the screaming/movement of one chid put the fox off, or the complete opposite - the screaming of the other child may have excited the fox to attack that child instead.
Collie Convert
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-06-2010, 08:46 PM

Lots of parents of twins choose to allow them to sleep in the same cot as babies.

Those of you condemning the parents for leaving doors and windows open when they were awake is just ridiculous imo, foxes are crafty and opportunistic and i can very much believe this happening.

People in towns and cities make urban foxes worse, some people feed them and encourage them closer. They are vermin and i am very glad to hear that the fox in question was caught and killed. More of this should be done- afterall would you encourage a rat to regularly visit your garden?? Im pretty sure you wouldnt.
Page 6 of 20 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 16 > Last »