View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-05-2010, 05:27 PM
Look forward to seeing your pics Razcox and Honeysmum, you could always take photos of your photos if you see what I mean? They are never brilliant, but it would give us an idea
Misty-Pup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-05-2010, 05:55 PM
Here are some of my friends horses.

Aca. TB x Cleveland Bay. My favourite ever! Can be crazy, but I trusted her enough to gallop through fields and all sorts, and I wasn't as good with my confidence when I started to ride her! My friend still has her, and I am trying to convince her that she can come and live in my mums garden! (She is the one on the left. The middle is Hatty, my friends new horse, who she plans to event, and then the pony is Ronnie, I think he is new forester, can be quite naughty, but he is quite young.)

Leo. TB. Absolute nutcase! My friends Mum went mad when she found out that she had let me loose in the school with him, and I was jumping him no bother at all! He eventually got sold, as they just didn't know how to cope with him, he reared, bucked, tried to back into moving vehicles and almost put my friend in hospital and I hear that he is doing quite well now.

Ianto, Welsh Section D.
He gave me so much confidence, was such a fantastic horse, her Mum offered him to me on loan, but didn't have the finances and Dad didn't want to run me around! Took him to College, when my friend was competing in one of the show jumping classes, and completely demolished the clear round course, he was a completely different horse when it was course of jumps rather than a couple dotted around the school! Had so much fun with him though!

Hope you enjoy! Would like to add, that it is not me riding them, but the my friends that own them!

x
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-05-2010, 05:55 PM
Originally Posted by Moobli View Post
Having listened to you talking about keeping your horses at yards, it has made me realise, even more, than unless I could keep one at home, then I probably just wouldn't have enough time to dedicate to a horse, without the dogs or kids losing out!
That's the perfect solution there Kirsty, but you have to remember you need at least 2 acres, so you can rest half each time, otherwise you will end up with one field of mud in the winter months and no grass, so if you've got plenty of land then you'll be fine. Plus you'll have to have a stable of course, which doesn't come cheap, but even if you want him to live out, you'll need space for drying rugs, space for feed and tack, and somewhere to bring him in if he needs the vet or box rest, all stuff you have to think about.
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-05-2010, 06:10 PM
Originally Posted by Misty-Pup View Post
Here are some of my friends horses.

Aca. TB x Cleveland Bay. My favourite ever! Can be crazy, but I trusted her enough to gallop through fields and all sorts, and I wasn't as good with my confidence when I started to ride her! My friend still has her, and I am trying to convince her that she can come and live in my mums garden! (She is the one on the left. The middle is Hatty, my friends new horse, who she plans to event, and then the pony is Ronnie, I think he is new forester, can be quite naughty, but he is quite young.)

Leo. TB. Absolute nutcase! My friends Mum went mad when she found out that she had let me loose in the school with him, and I was jumping him no bother at all! He eventually got sold, as they just didn't know how to cope with him, he reared, bucked, tried to back into moving vehicles and almost put my friend in hospital and I hear that he is doing quite well now.

Ianto, Welsh Section D.
He gave me so much confidence, was such a fantastic horse, her Mum offered him to me on loan, but didn't have the finances and Dad didn't want to run me around! Took him to College, when my friend was competing in one of the show jumping classes, and completely demolished the clear round course, he was a completely different horse when it was course of jumps rather than a couple dotted around the school! Had so much fun with him though!

Hope you enjoy! Would like to add, that it is not me riding them, but the my friends that own them!

x
Beautiful horses and fab pics. I especially love Ianto - what a star!
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-05-2010, 06:15 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
That's the perfect solution there Kirsty, but you have to remember you need at least 2 acres, so you can rest half each time, otherwise you will end up with one field of mud in the winter months and no grass, so if you've got plenty of land then you'll be fine. Plus you'll have to have a stable of course, which doesn't come cheap, but even if you want him to live out, you'll need space for drying rugs, space for feed and tack, and somewhere to bring him in if he needs the vet or box rest, all stuff you have to think about.
Well if we stay where we are now (which is looking likely at the moment ) then we have 14,000 acres to play with Much of that is moorland, but there are around 400 acres of fields and in-bye land where I could keep the horse. Obviously I would want him as near as possible and our cottage is surrounded by different fields, as well as the Hill, so that wouldn't be a problem. Hubby has said I can convert part of our large barn into a stable, or else knock down one of the sheds and build a new one So that's sorted. We have an old cottage by our own (where we currently keep dog, hen and sheep feed, as well as the pet lambs!) and one of the large downstairs rooms could be used as a tack room, or else I will use part of the large barn.

Trying to cover all bases before even starting to look for the right horse for me
Misty-Pup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-05-2010, 06:16 PM
Beautiful horses and fab pics. I especially love Ianto - what a star!
Ianto is fabulous, I think his age is catching up with him a bit now though. When I first met him, I thought he was much younger than what he actually is. (I can't remember his age now though!)

x
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-05-2010, 06:46 PM
Oh that Ianto, look at him go there, he's loving it, and what a great little rider that girl is in that event photo, she's almost jumping it for him, fantastic shot that one! I love those welshies, my friend has a black one, had him as a foal, but he's been a really norty boy, but then that's what I said about those welshies, they are very strong willed arent they, but love them, they have such presence!
Razcox
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-05-2010, 04:55 PM
As promised a couple of pics of mine horses, only found a couple but will dig out more.

Kerrus

monty

tillytheterrier
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-05-2010, 05:19 PM
Is there any reason why you lost your nerve TtT? I hope you get back to it again soon. Why not go back to basics and start on safe riding school horses?
Im not sure really. I was seriously ill 2 years ago and didnt walk for six months. I actually rode before I could walk! I think my illness has just left me with (it sounds stupid) a fear of dying. I seem to hold back from doing anything that i could get hurt doing. I did go back to basics and started having lessons again but found that even that made me nervous. I would spend the hour hoping the lesson would soon end. At that point, I knew I needed a break. I wish I could get my confidence back, I really love to ride.
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-05-2010, 07:20 PM
Absolutely lovely horses Razcox. Look at Monty - wow, he's fab!
Page 5 of 7 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 7 >