Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-05-2010, 07:13 AM

Your Horse piccies

Please indulge my new passion for ... horses

I would love to see all your lovely horses and ponies please. Just a pic or two and a little bit about them - name, breed or type and personality quirks

Thanks
Wyrd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-05-2010, 08:24 AM
Well I won't post pictures of all of mine as I will be here all day, but I have 7 horses:
20 yr old 16.3 ex racer chestnut mare called Maddie
16 yr old 16hh IDxTB chestnut mare called Amber
18 yr old 12hh Welsh A grey mare called Susie
18 yr old 15.1 HW cob bay gelding Murphy
16 yr old 14.3 welsh x arab chestnut gelding called Shay
17 yr old 14hh welsh cob black mare called Ceryn
2 yr old 15hh appaloosa chestnut fewspot mare called Caoimhe (or Kiki to her friends)

Heres a picture minus the 2 greys

Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-05-2010, 08:57 AM
Blimey Wyrd, you have a few They all look blooming gorgeous. Do you have any close up pics of Amber please? I love the IDs and xs.

Do you ride them all?
Wyrd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-05-2010, 09:23 AM
I am just doing preliminary backing work with Kiki at the moment, she is 3 in July, Murphy, Susie, Shay and Ceryn are in ridden work, Susie also drives.
Maddie is retried and Amber has a muscle problems and she is also retired.

Heres a couple of pics of Amber from her ridden days

Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-05-2010, 09:24 AM
Ooh thanks, she is absolutely stunning.
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-05-2010, 09:34 AM
I had a Quarter Horsex TB for 4 years. I bought her from a dealer in a terrible state, we used to compete in Local SJ /XC/ events & National RC stuff. She was 15.2hh &completly Bonkers! ut very loving!

Some Action Shots

Some Before & After shots!!!!!

I got her in the May & this is at the end of Sept

mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-05-2010, 09:39 AM
a few more!

chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-05-2010, 09:53 AM
I had a few ponies when I was little called Jazz and Brando, Jazz was a new forest (the chesnut one ), and as sweet as anything, he didn't need a lead reign when someone was on his back, he would just follow the person in front, he was lovely bless him, then we had Brando, totally different, he was scared of white cars and men with walking sticks, his breeder use to hit him with one (walking stick) and drove a white car, he would also go up very easily, and at one point put someone in a bin (the kind that dog walkers use on walks ) as he was being rode along, and a man with a walking stick come out, thankfully the rider managed to keep hold of his reigns.

Jazz and Brando aren't mine anymore, but I still know the person who has them, but I can't visit them a lot, because of distance now, but I do know that recently Brando broke someone's arm, the owner was renting them out, and told them not to take Brando onto roads, but the rider thought that she knew better and took him down one (on her own too) he went up after a white car went past, and she fell on the road, broke her arm and lost concisness for a while, after that both horses were returned to the owner, and she won't rent them out again, as its dangerous for both riders and Brando if they don't listen to her, when she knows him more then them.

Jazz, I'm the one sat on him.

Brando, with the young hunter they shared a field with.
akitagirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-05-2010, 11:45 AM
Wow some beautiful horses, so envious! God I can't wait till I can buy some horses again in a few years

I had a few as a kid growing up, but they say the first one is always the best, how true. This is star my 1st pony, strawberry roans are still my favourite. She was only 12.2hh but I'm so diddy here she looks quite big! Never forget this competition, our first together for the pony club, combined training, we won and I'd only had her 3 days, bless.

I forgot...her quirk, well she threw me off over a hundred and fifty times, usually in water! Such attitude...fantastic, she really wasn't bomproof and should never been a first pony but she taught me a lot We even did team chasing with her, so cool..
CavalierCrazy
Almost a Veteran
Female 

03-05-2010, 12:31 PM
Awww Iam loving all the horse photos
I would love to own a horse one day, but first i need to learn to ride lol
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 > Last »