View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
EnR
Dogsey Junior
Female 

26-08-2009, 12:55 PM
Yes, I have fitted the clear sleeve. You can't really fit it wrongly and it's tightened as much as it will go. Perhaps they have pulled it too much trying to stop for a wee whilst still attached to the bike, they don't pull when they're running.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-08-2009, 12:58 PM
Weird, you dont have a specific type of bike with a smaller saddle post do you?
EnR
Dogsey Junior
Female 

26-08-2009, 01:00 PM
No I don't think so. It's a men's mountain bike, just a smaller frame than my husband's. I'll have a look at the diamater of the saddle pole compared to Mark's bike.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-08-2009, 01:30 PM
Should be fine, sounds nice, pics please!!!

I have got to get new cord for mine, its wearing out! Great vids on youtube showing you how, dead easy!! (Good job)
rosegallagher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-08-2009, 02:53 PM
Originally Posted by EnR View Post
I'm not entirely happy with the Walkydog on my bike. I have to have it an angle pointing towards the back of the bike otherwise it would go straight through my leg, but it moves even if my husband tightens it. After ten minutes the pole is knocking against my leg as I pedal and I can't keep stopping to adjust it. Also, I don't think it offers enough spring if the dog lunges. Enzo nearly pulled me off the other day because he wanted to go and sniff under a tree. I will have to remember to take them over to a bush to do a wee before I attach them to the bike otherwise they keep wanting to stop!

On a plus note, Enzo is quite happy to go out on it as long as he doesn't have to wear a harness. He's a bit slow, though, but he has shorter legs than Rossi who has a nice trotting pace.

I'm thinking of selling the Walkydog and buying a Springer but can't seem to find any UK suppliers. Does anyone in the UK have one and where did you get it?
I sometimes use a springer , here is a uk site .

http://www.springer-uk.com/contact.html
EnR
Dogsey Junior
Female 

26-08-2009, 03:03 PM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
Should be fine, sounds nice, pics please!!!
That could be difficult as I'm usually on my own when I go out! I've looked at the bike and the pole is quite narrow so that could be the problem.
EnR
Dogsey Junior
Female 

26-08-2009, 03:05 PM
Originally Posted by rosegallagher View Post
I sometimes use a springer , here is a uk site .

http://www.springer-uk.com/contact.html
Great, thanks. Can you tell me the height of the clamp as I'm short and my saddle has to be quite low. I've only got about an inch and half on the pole! I may just have to stick with the Walkydog and tighten it before I go out.
rosegallagher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-08-2009, 03:25 PM
I have the clamp right under the seat , i am short too about 5ft 2'', it is quite a big clamp but i manage fine.
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-08-2009, 03:28 PM
I have a springer, the clamp is supposed to fit on the bike frame (although mine doesn't I cheat and have an electric bike) I find it excellent.
EnR
Dogsey Junior
Female 

26-08-2009, 03:36 PM
Originally Posted by rosegallagher View Post
I have the clamp right under the seat , i am short too about 5ft 2'', it is quite a big clamp but i manage fine.
Same as me, then! It's quite expensive so I don't want to go and buy it if it won't fit. I'm bound to get moaned at anyway for wasting money.
Page 12 of 15 « First < 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 >