View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Dobermonkey
Almost a Veteran
Female 

01-05-2009, 10:59 AM
HI Clo CLo I spy you are in Northampton (not too far from moi) did you do the Thunder Run last weekend at Catton Hall?? I was thoroughly terrified for the first km as it had rained and the grass was v slippy and we had runners to try and not get wrapped round!

Anyhoo just thought i d say that the Beacon Hill 5 run is open to canicrossers its near loughborough if you fancied it seeing as its not a million miles away!..

http://www.runnersworld.co.uk/events...2&EN=50316

Are you entered for cheltenham?
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-05-2009, 12:59 PM
could you imagine me trying this with my lot....lol

shona the human kite..... right into a bush...
Moonstone
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-05-2009, 02:30 PM
I love it! I do it with Mack, and once you get the hang of it it's a blast

As soon as he seen his harness come out he gets real excited, and knows he can run and pull, He still tends to motor for the first few minutes, but does settle down to a steady pace.

He absolutely loves to run, so this suits us, I have also just bought a new Mountain bike and he is starting to learn to run with that.

I got my CaniX stuff from Sammy at Snowpaw, she is very helpful

The best thing is he never pulls on his collar, he associates that with walking and behaving, well behaving sometimes But harness means pull, and the noises he makes before we set off is deafening,he just wants to Goooooooooooooooooo

I just do it around the local trails, not bothered about doing it as an event.

PS Golden retreivers can not see the point! and refuse to move
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-05-2009, 02:40 PM
Originally Posted by Shona View Post
could you imagine me trying this with my lot....lol

shona the human kite..... right into a bush...
more likely to be Shona being dragged down a rabbit hole
CloClo
Dogsey Junior
Female 

01-05-2009, 04:14 PM
Originally Posted by Dobermonkey View Post
HI Clo CLo I spy you are in Northampton (not too far from moi) did you do the Thunder Run last weekend at Catton Hall?? I was thoroughly terrified for the first km as it had rained and the grass was v slippy and we had runners to try and not get wrapped round!

Anyhoo just thought i d say that the Beacon Hill 5 run is open to canicrossers its near loughborough if you fancied it seeing as its not a million miles away!..

http://www.runnersworld.co.uk/events...2&EN=50316

Are you entered for cheltenham?

Hi. It's actually my dad that runs with Tee-J, and I think that's where we were! If we were I apologise for the awful noise my boy was making whenever he saw a runner!

Dad has done the Beacon Hill before, but I don't think we'll make it this time. We not going to Cheltenham unfortunately because we know we haven't won anything, and I've got exams. We did go up to Northumberland the other week though, it's the hardest CaniX course apparently, with loads of the top runners finishing after being dragged over by their dogs on the hills.
Sarah27
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-05-2009, 05:43 PM
The more I hear about this the more I'm liking it

I've been jogging more with Bryan (off lead), but now I'm starting to think attaching him to my waist and letting him drag me would help me to keep going.

Hmmmmm, interesting

P.S. Shona, I want to see a vid of you doing CaniX with ALL of your dogs attached to you lolololol
mo
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-05-2009, 08:40 AM
I have far too many wobbly bits to even attempt doing something like this I'm knackard running around the ring at a show trying to keep up with my guys lol.

Mo
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3