View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
scarter
Dogsey Senior
Female 

25-03-2009, 12:55 PM
A reminder to all those that expressed an interest. The Beagle Racing 2009 season kicks off this coming Sunday at Kincardine bridge at 2.30pm. PM me if you want full details.
scarter
Dogsey Senior
Female 

01-04-2009, 06:16 PM
Originally Posted by Hannaho View Post
wow! i never knew there was such a thing! do you know if theres any beagle racing in wales or cheshire?

id love to take my two beagle they would love it!!

great video too by the way x
Don't suppose you fancy a trip up to Scotland on the 3rd May? Our club is having a big racing event open to Whippets throughout the UK. They've said they want to include a big race (with a fab trophy) for the Beagles. As there are currently no other Beagle racing clubs in the country it's going to be hard to get entrants for the Beagle race.

You'd be VERY welcome if you did want to come, and as there would be lots of whippet racing clubs there you might even find one local to you that's willing to start a Beagle division!

Anyway, a quick boast.....

Beanie won the first event of the season, beating last year's Derby winner by a full three lengths!

That's her out in front in the red vest running in the final.

It's going to be an interesting season though because in the fun run after the racing was all over (Beagles need plenty of exercise so we always give them some extra fun runs) last year's derby winner beat her (Murphy front right, Beanie front left):

Can't wait to see how things pan out over the coming weeks

The little Biggley boy made it into the final and it was his first taste of racing!!! Although to be fair he only got in because two of the dogs in his heat wandered off for a sniff! But as you can see from the photo (he's in the black vest) he stayed up with the group quite well. And LOVED it every bit as much as his big sister....

It really is great fun for Beagles. I've yet to see one that doesn't thoroughly enjoy it!
Hannaho
Dogsey Senior
Female 

01-04-2009, 09:01 PM
Hiya i would love too!! not sure if its a bit too far though where abouts in scotland is it??

thnaks so much for asking xx
basi
Dogsey Senior
Female 

01-04-2009, 09:11 PM
Fantastic I would love to have a go with my Basenjis but have never lived close enough to where they do the Basenji racing. We are hopefully moving back to Scotland at the end of this year maybe start of next, can I gate -crash with my Basenjis
scarter
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-04-2009, 05:36 PM
Hannaho - it's in Kincardine Bridge, Fife. So it's quite a long distance for you to travel. It's on a holiday weekend and there's camping facilities on-site. And of course, once you get up to scotland there's some fantastic scenery if you enjoy the great outdoors!

PM me if you're interested and I'll give you a phone number for the organisors. They'll be able to give you full details.

Basi, all breeds of dog are welcome to come along and chase the lure. Official races are for Whippets and Beagles only, but the dogs don't know the difference between an official race and a fun run.
basi
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-04-2009, 05:41 PM
Originally Posted by scarter View Post
Hannaho - it's in Kincardine Bridge, Fife. So it's quite a long distance for you to travel. It's on a holiday weekend and there's camping facilities on-site. And of course, once you get up to scotland there's some fantastic scenery if you enjoy the great outdoors!

PM me if you're interested and I'll give you a phone number for the organisors. They'll be able to give you full details.

Basi, all breeds of dog are welcome to come along and chase the lure. Official races are for Whippets and Beagles only, but the dogs don't know the difference between an official race and a fun run.
Fantastic can't wait to get back to Scotland now, we won't be that far away either as we will be in Perth. I'm sure mine won't mind if they are not in an official race, would just love them do to it.
valandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-04-2009, 06:04 PM
awww looks like great fun. would love my dog to take part in something like that
Fi
Dogsey Junior
Female 

06-04-2009, 11:12 AM
I'll have to go when I get a car. Hopefully Jet won't decide to herd everyone (border collie) but he usually likes running.
scarter
Dogsey Senior
Female 

06-04-2009, 04:30 PM
A bit more info for Beagle owners interested in racing...

Apparently, the reason there's a beagle race at this big whippet racing event is because Whippet owners around the country have been asking for it. Ours is the only club that has Beagle racing and everyone is seeing photos of it on the website and when sending entry forms for the race they're asking "will the Beagles be there?".

I'm told that there are 12 Pedigree Whippet Racing clubs throughout the UK and that there's a good chance that some if not most of them would be open to the idea of a Beagle division.

But do try to enter this event on the 3rd May if you can as it will be great fun!
Windhound
Dogsey Junior
Female 

06-04-2009, 10:24 PM
If any one with breeds that they would like to take racing,the Afghan racing fraternity allow other breeds to take part. The racing is held on Sundays in different parts of the country on greyhound racing tracks. You can find out where the meetings are being held by looking in the Afghan Breed notes in Dog World and Our Dogs newspapers.The season goes from March until November. It is great fun for all participants,I used to race! my miniature bull terrier who loved it.
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >