Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-08-2005, 03:51 PM
Originally Posted by amts
Just my opinion, I would stay out of the hallway (or any closed areas).
You have a conflitc with Luna J and by taking it to a hallway you are forced to take the fight.

From what I know of you and Luna and from what you have been doing so far, that wouldnt be the best choice. But thats imo.

As I said before, use whatever you feel like:

And stop worrying J
Ah yeah make sense...

Yes "mum", I will

J
Helen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-08-2005, 04:16 PM
You have a conflitc with Luna J
I don't know the background to this so, what conflict do you see Amts? What caused it, how does it manifest itself and what needs to be done to solve it?

Helen
amts
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-08-2005, 05:34 PM
Originally Posted by Helen
I don't know the background to this so, what conflict do you see Amts? What caused it, how does it manifest itself and what needs to be done to solve it?

Helen
The background to this is that several things has been tried to get Luna to retrieve. Some worked, some didnt. I see Luna not picking up the dummy but willing to carry almost anything else as a conflict and if I knew how to solve it I would have

I have a theory on whats coursing this and how to fix it though. That is why I asked J to do a video to make sure my theory on whats happening is right instead of guessing or suggest ideas that doesnt handle and solve the conflitc itself. Its either the video or me driving the three hours each way to see her and try helping her in person. Lets start with the video
lollippy
Dogsey Junior
Male 

24-08-2005, 05:51 PM
I think it might be a good idea to see the video,

Another thing I thought of is going right back to basics and teaching Luna to sit and hold a number of different items in her mouth, start with things she has no issue with, lots of praise, treats etc, and try popping the dummy in to her mouth when she's relaxed and enjoying the game.

Once your at the stage where she'll hold a dummy in her mouth, get her to pick things up off the floor, not thrown things, just things placed on the floor in front of her.

If at any time Luna shows any anxiety or seems unsure in any way, do something else, don't even acknowledge there's something wrong, distract her with a treat, play with her, anything to distract her for a split second so she doesn't get the chance to register whats going on.
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-08-2005, 05:58 PM
Well actually I was thinking of borrowing my dad's car and drive over to you Unfortunately my dad works during the day, so I cant do it.. Could take the train

But will try to get the video taken first

Lollippy:

That's a good idea.. Worth a try.... She can carry a box of cookies or meat home from the supermarket without a problem... So shouldnt be totally impossible.....
Page 15 of 15 « First < 5 12 13 14 15