Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-01-2011, 11:24 PM
Originally Posted by Tarimoor View Post
I can't really bring myself to even start going into the ethics of it tonight. I know and rexpect you from a couple of forums hun, and it saddens me that a child is held up and judgemental comments are made. Surely, if you don't agree, leave any comments to the actual act, or to the parents, please.
I find it wrong if it be a child or adult - I dont see the problem with me stating that I find it odd that he would willing do it (or anyone else for that matter) and smile. I dont get the reasoning behind it - that all I havent been nasty about him, or rude or got personal. I wouldnt be ashamed of my posts if he was to come across them, so dont feel I have said anything that should sadden you!
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-01-2011, 11:26 PM
I have watched a fox trapped in my back garden by 2 neighbourhood cats - they were bullying the terrified animal
If it is the case foxes are attacking cats then i would say it is because they are becoming more confident as they are tamed? but what proof really is there, a cat is killed - could just as easily be a dog attack as a fox
and sad tho it is for the family if you have an outside cat then it is hunting and killing things most likely, so it is apart of nature - and nature is harsh
V sad for the family but not a reason to start going all mental on foxes, there woulndt be so many about our cities if we werent so messy
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-01-2011, 11:31 PM
Originally Posted by Ben Mcfuzzylugs View Post
I have watched a fox trapped in my back garden by 2 neighbourhood cats - they were bullying the terrified animal
If it is the case foxes are attacking cats then i would say it is because they are becoming more confident as they are tamed? but what proof really is there, a cat is killed - could just as easily be a dog attack as a fox
and sad tho it is for the family if you have an outside cat then it is hunting and killing things most likely, so it is apart of nature - and nature is harsh
V sad for the family but not a reason to start going all mental on foxes, there woulndt be so many about our cities if we werent so messy
.......yip

also the number of cats are not going down either
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-01-2011, 11:51 PM
I took the kid being in the picture purely as a size comparison, nothing more.

I am really starting to get annoyed with idiots leaving food down for foxes in public places. We had issues for a long time with some moron leaving piles of dried cat & dog food on the pavements outside our house -- great when you have three dogs that are desperate to get at it every time you open the door. Whoever is leaving it still does it, only at the end of our road now.

I haven't got a problem with foxes, but DO have a big problem with people feeding them and actively encouraging them hang around residential areas. I've lost one pet rabbit to a fox and I've got to wonder about one of my lovely cats who went missing just over 2 years ago. She was such a friendly, clingy cat who suddenly vanished without a trace. We have had persistent problems over the years with foxes in the back garden at night (one particular one sits on the back doorstep & doesn't seem phased by the dogs going mad barking), so I wouldn't be surprised.
Luke
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

04-01-2011, 12:18 AM
Well as a child, aswell as all family pets which I totally doted on and too this day am still one of the biggest pushovers for any animal! I was brought up in a family that fished, hunted, ferreted, and went shooting. A family who all kept livestock, many for pets or their own interest in "fancy" varieties, but a lot for the rimary purpose of winding up as food. It was never hid from me as a child, It made me a realist rather than lost in a disney film. I appreciated where food came from, aswell as the importance of where we source meat. An understanding of nature, the countryside. Never did me any harm, I had a great childhood..then again I had a proper one with a jack russell by my side playing in fields, climbing trees, cutting my knees, eating cake with real sugar in and drinking fizzy pop yet shockingly living a life thus not ending up obese. No I think realism is a massive factor which children lack a lot. Nowt wrong with this lad at all!
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-01-2011, 12:31 AM
no one said their was anything wrong with the child

Just some or maybe just me - find it strange that anyone would want to stand next to a dead animal. Its life was taken because some fox let it be the dead one or another killed a domestic pet - It wasnt taken for food sorce - I doubt the cats owners cared much when the cat brought dead birds, frogs and other wildlife in - its nature..

Surely just because people dont understand the need to 'pose' next to a dead animals automatically mean they dont understand where food comes from, or understand nature - surely them that understand nature know that any animal is at risk wandering the streets let that be by being hit by a car, attacked by a fox & the list is endless.. You let your cat out, it is at risk.
carolclair
New Member!
Female 

04-01-2011, 03:34 AM
hi

I'm new to this, how do you download a picture to put on your profile?
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-01-2011, 04:26 AM
Originally Posted by DevilDogz View Post
To me its odd Dawn others around this type of thing maybe not? I cant say I know. But to me posing next to any dead animal is slightly odd - I dont get it.

ahh but when im sat on the computer I am usally doing work which is beneficial to me, just get distracted far to much - You bad lot
The child is maybe a relative of the vet who disposed of the foxes or a relative of the reporter who covered the story
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-01-2011, 04:57 AM
Just supposing this "giant" very well fed looking & looking in good condition - as far as one can tell from a photo fox was someones captive fox that had escaped? A fox cub in captivity reared in captivity could very well grow bigger than his wild/feral counterparts. It could be just co-incidence he went into a trap, he had no fear of humans or the like. Its odd they also trapped a wild feral normal sized fox as well. So someone is now minus a pet fox & too scared to own up because of all the publicity

If i thought for one mimute there was roving cat eating foxes about my cat wouldnt get over the door come dusk especially a 19 year old cat

If i thought my vet had laid traps, caught & killed not one but two foxes (why kill two, why kill any, it wont bring the poor cat back), because his parents cat had been killed (probably felt guilty
because he told them he didnt think a fox would hurt a cat) I would change
my vet.

I realise how upsetting it is to lose a much loved pet but why continue to let it out if you think its being stalked.

Poor little cat.

I feel very sorry for the two foxes. Neither may have been guilty yet theyve lost their lives.

Its mans inhumanity towards other species that share the planet that should be questioned.
muttzrule
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-01-2011, 06:55 AM
What a shame. That was a gorgeous animal, what a waste.

A 19 year old pet cat shouldn't have been unattended outside to begin with. Nature will act in accordance to the natural laws, survival of the fittest. Obviously that cat was not fit enough to fend off a fox (of any size, let along a huge one). If her owners wanted to circumvent nature they needed to protect their cat by keeping her indoors at night or supervised outside.
Page 6 of 37 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 16 > Last »