View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
cambkite
Dogsey Junior
Male 

31-12-2008, 01:01 PM

Showing in AV after missing breed class????

My breed club open show clashes with another show I would really like to attend. The later show has junior and open breed classes and puppy and junior av gundog classes I would like to enter. There are is no puppy class for Brittanys.

If I enter my boy for these classes but arrive too late to compete in the breed classes, can I still compete in the av gundog classes?
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-12-2008, 02:18 PM
You can but your dog is a puppy Yes ? Then just enter the AV puppy classes at the second show, you do not have to enter a puppy in breed classes if there are no puppy breed classes @ the 2nd show.
If you enter a breed class & then miss it the KC might disqualify your dog from any placings if you then enter the later classes. Depends if they pick up on it, which they are now doing more often.
Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-12-2008, 02:27 PM
Only Puppies and Veterans can enter AV classes without entering a breed class if one is available, mind you one would not know it the number of adults dogs who do is surprising.
megan57collies
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-12-2008, 03:11 PM
You can go in the latter class but you take your chances. However to be honest if you've got a pup then why not stick to one show and do a couple of classes. IMO this is enough for a pup. I wouldn't do two shows with an adult as I hate the rushing around but with a pup if you bang it into every class going, you'll have a burnt out dog by the time it's a junior. I've seen it happen all too frequently.
cambkite
Dogsey Junior
Male 

01-01-2009, 12:23 AM
Thanks for your replies. My reasons for attending the second show are more social than anything else, and I've realised that not entering the breed classes is no loss as it is unlikely that not many, if any, other Brittanys will be there. They'll all be at the club show. I do, however, have good friends who, being at LEGS, and having never seen Remi, are eager to see him. I panicked a bit seeing that both shows are on the same day and having planned to show at both.

Originally Posted by megan57collies View Post
I wouldn't do two shows with an adult as I hate the rushing around but with a pup if you bang it into every class going, you'll have a burnt out dog by the time it's a junior. I've seen it happen all too frequently.
Don't worry. I admire your concern. Remi has not been overshown, having attended only 6 shows so far, and these shows in mid Feb will be the last he can enter as a puppy (apart from Special puppy at the big one )