Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
RiverWild!
Dogsey Junior
Female 

30-12-2008, 10:23 AM

WOW, I have Qualified!

I know that it's not crufts, but last weekend before christmas, I went to the lincoln open show and for some stupid reason I entered in the adult handling class, probably to give my flattie some more experience and for her to go under another judge get felt over etc, luckily I wasn't given any patterns that I didnt know, but then came the downfall, the judge asked me 2 questions and my brain froze, it had all been going so well, I will never forgive myself as I know the answer to the first one, how may teeth does a dog have? 42 I knew that somewhere in my head just couldnt get it out. Then she asked me where the occiput was, at first I thought she said octopus, I had no idea on this, so we blew it, well at least that was what I thought, she gave me 2nd and I qualified for the handling finals at coventry next year!!!!!!!!!!! I said sorry to her about the questions and she said that that was the only thing that I did wrong, I have a sneaky suspicion that should I have gave the correct answers I would have won.

So now I am studying hard on points of the dogs and any other facts that might be useful, also brushing up on my knowledge of patterns that I may have to do, don't want to look like an idiot when I get there as I'm sure everyone else will know.
lovezois
Fondly remembered
Female 

30-12-2008, 11:02 AM
Congratulations and well done to you and good luck at Coventry next year.
Annestaff
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

30-12-2008, 11:59 AM
Congratulations and well done
megan57collies
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-12-2008, 04:11 PM
Well Done. I'll see you there as I qualified too
Have to say it's down to individual judges. The last three years of finals I've gone to, the judges haven't asked questions. Always a first time though. It's a minefield out there and different judges expect different things, so I just go along and pray. Practise your circles. They always seem to come up. If you have any queries, then PM me and i'll try and help.
rottalmarotts
Dogsey Junior
Female 

31-12-2008, 07:37 PM
Well Done, I was at Lincoln but I didn't see this class. Good Luck and keep studying
Katie23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-12-2008, 09:52 PM
well done