Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2008, 01:56 PM

Full of cold feel terrible can't even go to Aviemore Husky rally :-(

Well amn't I a bundle of joy have had sore throat and stuffy nose since about Wed Yesterday felt terrible and today I just want to die.

We are supposed to be at aviemore for weekend for OH birthday to see the husky rally and the hotel all booked so just been crying about the fact I really don't feel like going. What awaste and its something he really wanted to do how cr*p do I feel on top of tihs bl**dy cold

Have taken paracetamol, sudafed and hot honey and lemon my head so sore, my nose either so blocked I can't breathe or running like niagra falls.
Anyone got any remedies they can reccommend. Have just sent OH to chemist to see if they can give me anything that works. Even if we could go to hotel later and stay tonight he would at leaset see the dogs tomorrow.

Oh I feel awful :smt089 :smt089 :smt089 :smt089
shiba
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2008, 02:00 PM
Oh what a shame, hope you do feel better and go it would be a real shame to miss it.

Anadin extra OR Beechams cold and flu tables are good, both kill many aches and pains for me.

It may perk you up to go, just rap up warm, you could always leave it you felt really bad. but i would try it.
Greyhawk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2008, 02:01 PM
If it's any consolation all the morning classes have been cancelled due to bad ice on the trail. They are breaking up the ice and then making a decision on the rest of the classes. Hopefully the conditions will improve and allow them to run later today/tomorrow.

Hope you feel better soon!
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2008, 02:06 PM
If your head aches & you are blocked up, I'm sure the sudafed will help, though I'm not sure you should be taking paracetomol as well - doesn't sudafed contain paracetomol?

I must admit that fresh air always makes me feel better when I've got a cold - as long as I'm wrapped up warm & I would certainly try & go.

Hope you feel better soon.
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2008, 02:10 PM
Originally Posted by Greyhawk View Post
If it's any consolation all the morning classes have been cancelled due to bad ice on the trail. They are breaking up the ice and then making a decision on the rest of the classes. Hopefully the conditions will improve and allow them to run later today/tomorrow.

Hope you feel better soon!
Thanks that has made me feel a wee bit better....have stopped sobbing now at having ruining his birthday pressie

Really hope if we cant go tonight we can at least go tomorrow.

Hali , its only sudafed not sudafed plus , the plus ones have paracetamol, though to be honest they are not helping one little bit If I lie down I can't breathe all bunged up and if I sit up my nose just streams.

If I could stop shivering then a walk might be an option am sweating like a pig but f**king freezing