Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
tink
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-07-2006, 06:43 AM

Grr Stupid dog............stupid owners

Well no...........Its a bit of both.....stupid owners.......

I woke up yet again to next doors dog barking/yapping me out of my lovely sleep.
Now this can happen anytime between 5 am and 7 am,this morning it was 6.45.......yeah yeah i have to get up at 7.15 for the school run but thats not the point.Its even more annoying at the weekend and i know im gonna go insane during the holidays !!

So i completely lowered 'the tone of the neighbourhood' .and yelled a few choice words out of the window (they weren't too bad )....pretty loudly........

My problem is that she lets it out and just lets it bark and bark endlessly without telling it to be quiet or making any kind of effort to stop it from barking all the time,the joke is i have two reasonable sized dogs my other next door neighbours have two Staffies (lovely and quiet) and the ones next door but one have Two huge crossbreeds.........none of which make a peep !!!!!!! She has one little Bichon and its noisier than all of them put together.......I have nothing against the dog really but i soooooooo wanna get Harveys catapult out (yeah the thought has crossed my mind)........seriously though i wouldn't i'm kind of joking...
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

20-07-2006, 06:46 AM
Its so annoying when people make no effort to stop their dogs barking or take them in if they they won't stop.
tink
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-07-2006, 06:55 AM
Thats my problem Lynn.....I really wouldn't mind as much if she was trying not to let it.
Harvey just dragged himself out of bed and started laughing..........."Mom...that was you wasn't it " ..................I just couldn't help myself this morning,i probably looked hilarious with my 'morning hair' hanging out the window in a fury
Solitaire
Dogsey Junior
Female 

20-07-2006, 07:57 AM
But did the dog stop barking
tink
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-07-2006, 08:12 AM
CERTAINLY DID
duboing
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-07-2006, 08:22 AM
I'm kinda hanging my head in shame here We've got my mum's very noisy westie pup staying with us at the moment, and she just barks like a mad thing when she goes to bed and at getting-up time. To be honest, she is getting better, now that she's getting used to the set-up, but I have been feeling terrible for our neighbour in the attached house Problem is, she's barking for attention, so speaking to her, or even looking at her reinforces the barking.

We do bring her inside when she gets noisy, and we went round to our neighbour to apologise, but he said he couldn't hear her from his bedroom, and that he's away for most of the fortnight she's staying anyway We're thinking of taking round a bottle of vino when she goes, to thank him for his forbearance. I know her barking has been driving us crazy, so it must be getting to him too
Berger
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-07-2006, 08:29 AM
Duboing I think that that was a very nice thing to do, going round and explaining to your neighbour.

Tink I really feel for you. Would speaking to your neighbour make a difference do you think?
tink
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-07-2006, 09:43 AM
Duboing i think that you have been very considerate

Berger,she knows its a problem as one of the neighbours has already complained,My bedroom happens to be almost above their back door although slightly off to the right.so it tends to bother me more than anyone else.I have said something before but within a few days it starts again.I was in and out of hospital a year and a half ago and was very ill for a period of months (which she knew) and still she let it keep barking (although its only when she lets it out)
Although showing myself up and shouting out of the window this morning seemed to work
To be honest i dont think she can be bothered to try and train her (i never see her even giving her a walk )
Berger
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-07-2006, 09:49 AM
Some people are just so incosiderate. Even when she knew you were ill she still did nothing. I would be mortified if it were my dog.

You could ring the RSPCA and report her for animal cruelty