Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jessica
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-04-2006, 10:03 AM

Trimming For Showing?? Pug

Hey,

Well, its less than two months until we finally get to show Delilah So i thought i really should start looking at how we need to get her ready for the shows, we are planning to go to a show at 3 counties next weekend to see what leads they are shown in, but i was wondering if anyone could help me with trimming.. Some people have said we should trim her back legs and tail and whiskers, others have said to leave her as she is.. I can see how it would look much tidier if she did have it all trimmed up, but we dont want to do it if its not the 'done thing' if you know what i mean?

So does anyone know? Or should we just pester the nice pug people at the show to find out!
enerosar
Dogsey Senior
Female 

26-04-2006, 04:11 AM
I would check with the pug people but i dont think you trim them for showing, i might be wrong but im sure you dont.
Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-04-2006, 06:01 AM
Don't think they are trimed, ask the breeder if they show or contact the breed club.
Kath
Sadly Missed
Female 

26-04-2006, 02:59 PM
Just have a good look at the dogs in the ring, if any look as though they have been trimmed (taking off whiskers is quite common in smooth coated breeds) and you think they look better for the trimming then go ahead, but ask around too, most show people are only too willing to help. Kath
Deccy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-04-2006, 06:17 PM
My breed is not trimmed in the UK or Ireland, but is in the USA so if you are surfing for an opinion be careful where the advice is coming from
As suggested, I would contact the breed club - if you don't have details, the kennel club will let you know - they are usually very helpful.

Let us know how you get on!
Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-04-2006, 07:44 PM
Pug Dog Club secretary is Mrs A Nicholson and her contact number is 020 7352 2436
or nearer to you may be
Wales & West of England Pug Dog Club secretary is Mr R J John and his contact number is 01656842292