Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-04-2020, 06:50 AM

Daily Thread, Wednesday, 29th April, 2020

Good morning all, Have a good day stay warm and dry and above all safe and well. Our four legged friends also. God bless.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-04-2020, 08:23 AM
Good morning Moyra and all who follow

Pleased Steve is now considering a move it will be good for both go you.

Overcast here but dry. Nothing planned at the moment

Hope all are well

Have a good day and stay safe
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

29-04-2020, 08:45 AM
Morning Moyra, Sue and all to follow.

Wet day again here today. Not much on today and feeling a little less wretched about our friend.

Harvey good to see you and Alena and the dogs are well.
griff what can I say about your neighbours and the possibility they are spraying your plants, how low can people go especially in these trying times for all.
Kazz hope work is going well and the public are behaving.
Moyra how lovely if you now have Steve on side and you will be able to think about moving when all this is done. Something to look forward to.
Not sure you can do much at this time all our estate agents are shut here and I would imagine it is the same everywhere else, you might be able to email them they might have people working remotely from home and might be worth if they have getting your particulars down if they are.

No shopping yesterday as pay day tomorrow and possibly only for myself this time Graham next door has travelled somewhere to be with family I think while in lockdown he was struggling. Michael and Margaret not really needing anything this week. Will be nice to just do a shop for ourselves this time and come straight home.

Keep safe everyone and well and all hope all four legged friends are well to.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-04-2020, 01:54 PM
Good afternoon all.

Another technology morning here so the air was blue until everything was sorted out to Gary's satisfaction

Highlight of today was putting the grass bin out. Oh the excitement

We have empty bungalows both sides. One is used as a holiday rental and the old lady on the other side has gone into a home for the duration of this virus as she was having 4 or 5 carers a day coming in. Now that's truly isolation
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-04-2020, 04:15 PM
Afternoon all.

Been to work and out with Gert also to Iceland. All good not a soul in Iceland at 2.30 as I was coming out a man was crossing the car park and said "bet its rammed" I said "With food only" bet he got a shock I did.

Moyra Maybe use the good vibes to work out a need/want and wish list for the house.

Sue Glad you got dry we got pouring down your grass would of loved it. LOL

Lynn Hope all is good with you; are you getting to really enjoy having Gorden home?

Chris Opps oh well at least its sorted. How is the flat thing coming on any movement yet?

Have fun everyone.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

29-04-2020, 05:03 PM
Not to bad having him home all the time Kazz getting me ready for full time retirement in 3 years time.
Hopefully by then we will be able to pop out for a coffee and a wander round a garden centre.

Had an update from our friend today regards her husband. Today is the last day of antibiotics which she found today were to help his lungs from the damage covid did to them
Tomorrow he goes onto palliative care only and hopefully he will go back to the home who are happy to have him being covid free now and of course Jacky and her sons pleased to.
Jacky has power of attorney and her and the boys have agreed the moment he starts to suffer then the decision is made to withdraw all medication and allow him to pass peacefully we hope.
Still in shock and we and our boys who grew up with their boys and often visiting each others houses for lunch and games of fantasy war games which both Gorden and Don enjoyed along with the boys are totally shocked and saddened such a gentle intelligent man. It was hard enough seeing him decline with the Huntingdon's this is is even worse knowing he will be gone before his time. Through such a sad and not see coming disease.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-04-2020, 05:24 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Not to bad having him home all the time Kazz getting me ready for full time retirement in 3 years time.
Hopefully by then we will be able to pop out for a coffee and a wander round a garden centre.

Had an update from our friend today regards her husband. Today is the last day of antibiotics which she found today were to help his lungs from the damage covid did to them
Tomorrow he goes onto palliative care only and hopefully he will go back to the home who are happy to have him being covid free now and of course Jacky and her sons pleased to.
Jacky has power of attorney and her and the boys have agreed the moment he starts to suffer then the decision is made to withdraw all medication and allow him to pass peacefully we hope.
Still in shock and we and our boys who grew up with their boys and often visiting each others houses for lunch and games of fantasy war games which both Gorden and Don enjoyed along with the boys are totally shocked and saddened such a gentle intelligent man. It was hard enough seeing him decline with the Huntingdon's this is is even worse knowing he will be gone before his time. Through such a sad and not see coming disease.
Hello Lynn so pleased your friend will be able to return to the care home familiar surrounding etc do not know anything about Huntington's apart from it brain cells failing, but pleased that he will be able to return to the care home and his family are relaxing slightly .

Yes hopefully freedom of movement in 3 years
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

29-04-2020, 05:48 PM
Not done much really, finished of tidying up the wokshop bench shelves and chuckingh out old stuff not used in years. Generally what one would call "messing about" for something to do
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-04-2020, 06:12 PM
The move for Gary is on hold, Kazz. Not heard anything since the letter to say he's been accepted, but with it being sheltered accommodation, I'm guessing nothing will happen now until the virus has well and truly been beaten
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

29-04-2020, 06:12 PM
Originally Posted by tumbleweed View Post
Not done much really, finished of tidying up the wokshop bench shelves and chuckingh out old stuff not used in years. Generally what one would call "messing about" for something to do

I find that I have to have a clear out in my 'Man Cave' every six months or so Also thinking of putting a card acccess lock on the door with cards issued to only a certain people SWMBO is thinking of putting a bed in there