Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

16-09-2017, 11:36 PM
Originally Posted by Mandyuk1 View Post
Besoeker Max is such a good boy
Thanks Mandy. I'll tell him you said so!
Of course we think he is a good boy - he's our dog after all.
But sometimes he does things that just surprise us. The other day he ran up to a little girl and my dear wife was afraid that he could and would knock her over. But he got there and just sat down beside her. We don't have to tell him to be gentle - he just is. Nature, nurture, or a bit of both?

So, yes he is quite a good boy. He does have his quirks. Like barking when we turn the shower on in the morning....
Nobody wants that at 06:00.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

17-09-2017, 09:46 AM
Yes but the turning on of the shower is one of the signals he picks up on, he barks because it means a specific thing is going to happen that he likes
Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

17-09-2017, 03:35 PM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
Yes but the turning on of the shower is one of the signals he picks up on, he barks because it means a specific thing is going to happen that he likes
Possible, but I'm rather inclined to think it isn't that.
If you follow that logic, he should bark when we turn it off as well. But he doesn't.

When I sit at the bottom of the stairs puting my walking boots on, he lies and waits quietly on the hall floor.

So, I think it might be the noise that gets him excited. And I forgot to mention that he also gallops up and down the stairs a couple of times before lying down in front of the bathroom door while the shower motor is running.
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4