Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
teenytiny
Almost a Veteran
Female 

15-02-2007, 12:47 PM

Questioned by police in park today

Today was the worst walk I've ever been on. Took Georgie to the park, normal time as every other day. Sadly there wasn't any other dogs for him to play with today Then along came a lady with a black lab, a female. Now I am positive this lab was in season...you just know don't you I called Georgie away, but he was totally ignoring me. I had to chase him around for ages to try and catch him to put him back on the lead. During this time the lady KICKED Georgie in the shoulders and told him to get off her dog. Well I can't repeat what I said but let's just leave it as I lost the plot with her

I got Georgie on the lead and started walking with my little girl towards the other end of the fields. We passed 2 police officers who were sitting on one of the benches. The man called Georgie over and of course Georgie got all excited and jumped up at his legs The policeman then started asking me if I was gonna pay the dry cleaning bill Now, I've got a feeling he was joking, but still The woman police officer then asked me what breed Georgie is. She said he looks too big to be a SBT. I then said yep, he's a SBT x AB. Her face was like She said " Oh, and do you know the people who you got him from?" So I said yes, as I do, he is a friend of mine. She then asked me if he is castrated Erm, no he isn't. The policeman then told me I had to get Georgie catsrated as soon as possible

So, all in all a cr@p day at the park. My dog gets kicked and I get told by the police to get my dog castrated
DobieGirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-02-2007, 12:58 PM
What a nasty walk teeny! especially when all you want is to go out and find some other dogs to play with and then go home

What an idiotic woman to take her dog out in season!
Luz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-02-2007, 01:01 PM
What a nightmare, the police had no right to tell you what to do and as for the woman I would of been telling the police to have a word with her for animal cruelty.
Hope your next walk is better.
lovezois
Fondly remembered
Female 

15-02-2007, 01:32 PM
Sorry to hear you had such a dreadful walk. I agree with Laura the police had no right to tell you to have your dog castrated. The woman had no right to kick you dog either in my opinion. Comforting cuddles . Hope tomorrow is better.
Toby
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-02-2007, 01:33 PM
i'm sorry you has such a bad walk, i hate that when people call you dog over and don't like it when they get excited police or not! Toby's like that if anyone speaks to him.
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

15-02-2007, 01:51 PM
Suddenly every tom dick and harry of the police force is an expert on dogs, Although I would have taken the opportunity to report the woman for kicking your dog.

We had the opposite problem on our walk today, kids and dogs everywhere as it's half term.

I walked my dog everyday as usual when she was in season without a single incident.
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-02-2007, 01:52 PM
Sounds like the police were concerned he looked like a 'type' to me....having him castrated would maybe help you in the future if any touble comes your way because of the way he looks????? Maybe it was a bit of friendly advice rather than an order????? Just a thought...
Sorry you had a bad walk. x
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-02-2007, 01:56 PM
Sorry to hear you had a bad walk, but think perhaps the police were trying to offer friendly advice as Ramble has pointed out?

As far as the woman kicking your dog ... grrr! I'd have kicked her!!! (Joke ... but it would seriously annoy me).
Tee
Dogsey Senior
Female 

15-02-2007, 02:07 PM
Fools. You should have told the police you don't pay tax for them to sit on park benches all day. I'm going to be in some trouble if this is the sort of thing dog owners have to contend with....
clairetaylor89
Dogsey Junior
Female 

15-02-2007, 02:11 PM
Sorry you didnt have a good walk today. Cant believe that woman. grrrrr. And as for the police man telling you what to do with your own dog... he probably doesnt know the first thing about dogs. Hope you have a better walk next time
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 > Last »