Our sister sites
Our sister sites
saraUK
Dogsey Junior
Female 

17-06-2006, 08:10 PM

Trainers in west london?

Hi,

I'd really like to get some experience of running obedience classes and exploring the training techniques that work and was wondering if there are any trainers in west london, or surrounding areas who would like an assistant, voluntary of course.

Please let me know if you do.

Thanks!!
Sara
Clob
Dogsey Junior
Male 

17-06-2006, 09:34 PM
Originally Posted by sara
Hi,

I'd really like to get some experience of running obedience classes and exploring the training techniques that work and was wondering if there are any trainers in west london, or surrounding areas who would like an assistant, voluntary of course.

Please let me know if you do.

Thanks!!
Sara
I have someone ready for starting a resuce dog, I will be useing an e-collar as a training aid so its a good chance to get some first hand knowledge on them, I have no problem in someone trying to pick up some techniques, probably back end of next week, around kensington.
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

17-06-2006, 10:11 PM
Hi Sara what about the trainer you spoke of in Chiswick in a a previous post ? Perhaps they would let you sit in and observe and maybe help later..you are also aware of the APDT they may be able to suggest someone too.
Dee1974
Dogsey Junior
Female 

17-06-2006, 10:28 PM
Originally Posted by Clob
I have someone ready for starting a resuce dog, I will be useing an e-collar as a training aid so its a good chance to get some first hand knowledge on them, I have no problem in someone trying to pick up some techniques, probably back end of next week, around kensington.
Wow if they have to use an e-collar for basic training avoid like the plague Clob you really are a saddo having to advertise on here; I know dAM WELL who you are it's about time admin banned you: saddo You know what they say if you constantly have to tell people how great your methods are there is something wrong. ACTIONS SPEAK LOUDER THAN WORDS.

As Mini so quite rightly suggests APDT will give you a list of experienced trainers so will the Kennel club good luck Sara

Note to admin: keep a check of ip adresses as Clob is world famous for answering his own questions if you know what I mean!
Clob
Dogsey Junior
Male 

18-06-2006, 08:43 AM
Dee1974
You know what they say if you constantly have to tell people how great your methods are there is something wrong. ACTIONS SPEAK LOUDER THAN WORDS.
As Mini so quite rightly suggests APDT will give you a list of experienced trainers so will the Kennel club good luck Sara

Clob
Oh yes sure, this couple, who rescued this dog, have already been ripped off by one APBC behaviourist,- one APDT trainer and another trainer who is also an authoress –

As it happens I have had a dog come to me from a West London APDT trainer, maybe the one Lord Lucas refers to I dont know.That couple came after it ran half a mile accross a feild and onto a busy road after refusing an APDT taught recall, which was totally unreliable anywy, it was ONLY 10 months old. As far as I am concerned that dog lived by luck, how any pro trainer can put someones pup at such risk is appalling, which, I might add, is what an APDT recall is.

The same West London APDT trainer had told the person to put a prong collar on the dog but could not show her how to use it because the APDT trainer did not know, any pro trainer should know how to show someone any equipment they recomend, never mind "Put a prong collar but I dont know enough to show you haow to use it". The dog is alive by pure luck, it took me 3 or 4 lessons and they never looked back.

Apart from that you dont know anything about e-collars or any training methods beyond holiding a treat out for a dog, now this poster has a one off chance to see real training, not dogs with no recall.

E-trainers show the abyssmal failings of mediocre training and thats why APDT wants to suppress information about them, to much commercial competion and that is what is behind yours and others posts'irrelevant' posts, APDT W London case below, Lord Lucas.

As I keep pointing out to other APDT members, this is a democracy and people respond to choice not facist type dictarorial beliefs such as yours "You do this, you must not do that", seems you are not to keen on wanting people to 'see for themselves', which is all my post amounts to, do you know what this post is about?

Lord Lucas:
I was sent to the KC approved and best trainer in west London. We went through an extensive period, a couple of months, of reward-based training the dog has not behaved any better since.
|
The idea that behaviour training will deal with the type of misbehaviour that my former noble friend, but my current friend, Lord Pearson of Rannoch calls a dog with a "strong character", or that training is available at a reasonable cost to most citizens, is unrealistic.
Meg
Supervisor

18-06-2006, 08:53 AM
Dee1974
You know what they say if you constantly have to tell people how great your methods are there is something wrong. ACTIONS SPEAK LOUDER THAN WORDS.

Clob
Oh yes sure, this couple have already been ripped off by one APBC behaviourist, one APDT trainer and another trainer who is also an authoress –

As it happens I have had a dog come to me from a west london APDT trainer, maybe the one Lord Lucas referes to I dont know,they cam,e after it ran half a mile accross a feild and onto a busuy road after refusing APDT taught recall it was 10 months old.

Apart from that you dont know anything about e-collars and this poster has the chance to see real training not dogs with no recall. E-trainers show the failings of mediocre training and thats why APDT wants to suppress information about them, to much commercial competion. KC/APDT 'reference' below.

Lord Lucas:
I was sent to the KC approved and best trainer in west London. We went through an extensive period, a couple of months, of reward-based training the dog has not behaved any better since.
|
The idea that behaviour training will deal with the type of misbehaviour that my former noble friend, but my current friend, Lord Pearson of Rannoch calls a dog with a "strong character", or that training is available at a reasonable cost to most citizens, is unrealistic.
Clob I don't understand your post at all particularly the highlighted part..

The poster Sara is asking about helping a trainer in London ..where does a couple come into this?
Jenny234
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-06-2006, 09:07 AM
hi sara, have a look in the yellow pages and on the apdt website and ring around local trainers in your area and see if anyone will take u on.
thats what i did and ive found a few that are willing to take on assistants.
Clob
Dogsey Junior
Male 

18-06-2006, 09:13 AM
Minihaha
The poster Sara is asking about helping a trainer in London ..where does a couple come into this?

Clob
Sorry about that, Sarah, whose post this is, is mature enough, intelligent enough, preceptive enough and independant enough to ask any questions which might spring to her mind mind.
Meg
Supervisor

18-06-2006, 09:25 AM
Minihaha

Clob
Sorry about that, Sarah, whose post this is, is mature enough, intelligent enough, preceptive enough and independant enough to ask any questions which might spring to her mind mind.
Thank you Clob, I was confused about what this part of your post ...
Oh yes sure, this couple, who rescued this dog, have already been ripped off by one APBC behaviourist,-
.... had to do with helping 'Sara' find a trainer to assist, but I see now and I think others will too...
Clob
Dogsey Junior
Male 

18-06-2006, 09:30 AM
Sarah - Something I forgot in my first post - this is a rescued dog, a Westie, it will not simply be outside training, their freinds will no longer come into the house because of the dog so in around 3 weeks there will be some some home management sessions, until everything is resolved.

I don't like, use or aknowledge the term 'Behavioural Consultations' thats what others tend to call it, poor old pet owners think the dog is nuts with these quasi medical terms, it amounts to showing them how billons of people have lived succesfully and happily with their dogs this past 40,000 years or more.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >