Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Annestaff
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

01-11-2004, 08:29 AM
Thanks all,

Unfortunatly he doesn't do too well. He's a handsome dog but really too big for showing. He stands at over 18" and weighs 22kg, so he's a big boy!

He sired a litter of pups last year and one of the males came along to ring craft for a while, he was just a smaller version of Harvey and I could see him doing quite well in the show ring but his owners never kept up with his ring craft which was a shame. I'll post a picture of his sister Ruby who also lives with us, she's a tiny little red you won't believe there from the same litter.

Anne.
hound
Dogsey Junior

01-11-2004, 10:06 AM
Hi

how do they get on? I have 1 staffie but just got a sniff a a litter that are about 4 weeks old at the moment. Although I would love one, i was worried about whether they would get on....Demps (my dog) is a bit up and down with other dogs, doesn't seem to like boxers....so I was wondering if i got another staff...what if they didn't get on, do you think it's a chance you take?
Annestaff
Supervisor

01-11-2004, 10:22 AM
All my lot get on just fine. Harvey thinks he'e an alpha male with his harem of bitches round him (he wishes.. )

No seriously I couldn't bring a strange pup into the house I've bred all mine so I've had no major problems. Pecking order got sorted out quite early on. Cassy is top dog followed by Ruby and lately Harvey backs down to the pup Minnie, which is comical to see. Harvey comes last in the queue and knows not to mess with the bitches when there on one! They do have there scuffles but on the whole everything runs smoothly.

One of the pups from my last litter was suppose to stay with us the other week whilst his owners went on holiday. I thought they would all be ok but how wrong I was. The minute he came in the house Cassy made it quite clear she was not going to tolerate him and the poor little man got a bite off her. The rest pitched into him also so we thought it was best to kennel him.

Don't let this put you off as I know of loads of Staffy people who have brought in a new pup and they've got on great. Its a risk you have to take if you want another dog. At the end of the day you know your dog better than anyone so follow your own judgment on this one.

Anne
hound
Dogsey Junior

01-11-2004, 10:31 AM
Thanks....it's such a hard decision but i don't want to rush into anything because Demps is only 19 months old himself. i don't want to end up getting one and then re-homing if they don't get on.

I think I might wait....
Annestaff
Supervisor

02-11-2004, 01:17 PM
This was Minnie a couple of weeks ago

[img]

And I couldn't resist showing you lot Ollie, he was out of the same litter as Minnie and I would loved to have kept him but I didn't want to risk any conflict later on with Harvey

[/img]
Naomi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-11-2004, 01:24 PM
Awww Minnie is such a lovley girl :smt049

Ollie is stunning!
Annestaff
Supervisor

02-11-2004, 01:27 PM
The family which had Ollie asked me to keep him longer as they were going on holiday so he stayed with us until 12 weeks. It was awful letting go
Naomi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-11-2004, 01:28 PM
Awwww he is lovely!!

I want, I want, I want.......... PLEEEEEAASSSEEEE!!!!!!
Annestaff
Supervisor

02-11-2004, 01:34 PM
Me too I really wanted to keep him but I had to be sensible and think of a couple of years down the line and the thought of Harvey and him having a set to which could well happen and how could you get rid of a dog after having them a couple of years.

The funny thing is he was the last one to be picked nobody wanted him but in the end he turned out the best...............besides Minnie that is.
Annestaff
Supervisor

02-11-2004, 05:07 PM
This is Harvey at one of his hydrotherapy sessions. He hates going and swims at about 100mph.

[img][/img]

[img][/img]
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >