View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Kicks
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-10-2005, 04:02 PM

Ziggie (flyball/agility dog) in the paper - maybe!

Hi,

Went training today and their was a photographer there from the newspaper -took loads of pics of Zigg doing his stuff so hopefully he'll make the grade and get in! He's qualified for crufts in flyball and agility (in the YKC) and is the top BFA kelpie in the UK and possibly europe! (head office is checking it!)

He is also my "sexy lad" and i'm soooooo proud of him! he's come so far considering he was completely out of his mind and wouldn't come into the house, and then would but not past the kitchen, and would go for other dogs because he was scared of them - and now can run on a field after club with thirty other dogs AND shares his toy with them His health problems (digestive issues and allergies) seem to have settled down and he's looking great! He's nearly three years old and has the rest of his life to run and play and enjoy everything!

Was really well behaved while we were there and has made me sooo happy! and most importantly had lots of cuddles on the way home - he's now stretched out infront of the fire sleeping before tea time!

Will attempt to post some pics once they're scanned on and will post the ones in the newspaper if he's in - they said they'd send a copy regardless

Sorry for rambling but soooooo proud of him

Hazel (and the zigg-man)
amts
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-10-2005, 04:07 PM
That is such a great story. The poorly and not so adjusted dog who becomes a star Its almost like a fairytale

Please post pics. I would love to see him

:smt038 Congratulations on him and very well done :smt038
Kicks
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-10-2005, 05:17 PM
thanks ampts,
he is a star (in my eyes anyway! ) he's been hardwork and people have thought I was wasting my time or being to "soft" on him, but he really is getting there love him to bits, he was a present from my mum for passing my GCSE's and whether he wins anything or not i'm allways taking the best boy home - and my older dog is the best girlie so I can't loose either way really ... will get my friend to scan his really handsome portrait piccie on asap, and will post the action shots when I get them
There's just no feeling like when it all comes together and they show everyone what they can do is there?
Hazel and the zigg-man (who has now has his tea and is snoring his little hat off!)
amts
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-10-2005, 05:31 PM
There's just no feeling like when it all comes together and they show everyone what they can do is there?
You´re so right. Especially those who said you (and him) couldnt do it
min_tbs
Dogsey Junior
Female 

22-10-2005, 06:56 PM
Hello Kickstart Kelpies!. just wanted to say I love kelpies! I've just recently lived in Australia for 16 months and looked after a couple while I was there. They are lovely xx
Kicks
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-10-2005, 07:15 PM
hit tbs! they are the best aren't they! I'm owned by two my little old girl Spring ( who's solid black and is a "show" type dog, even though she doesn't do breed she does agility and used to do flyball and obedience, and Ziggie (nearly 3) who's red and tan and does every thing imaginable! agility, flyball, obedience, herding, HTM (except I fall over him ), they're incredible dogs - glad you like the breed, they're on the up in the UK and are sure to make a mark!
Hazel