Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

28-03-2018, 08:17 PM
Originally Posted by Besoeker View Post
With a big active hairy beast, it would be unfair to not walk him in inclement weather. I don't know what others do.
Well as I may have mentioned before with our Casey the daily walk is his 'highlight of the day' he will want to go no matter what the weather is doing, snow, ice, horizontal rain, it makes no difference to him Our first Newfie (Baruska) was the same but Rianna and now Lara are much more sensible, I had to put Lara's collar on and gently lift her before she would move 'tho I think she likes to get out once we are in the forrest.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-03-2018, 09:38 PM
Lol....Harvey, i don't but that is an idea!! it's weird as there is no set pattern, sometimes i feel nauseous for a few hours, other times it lasts all day and into the next and i get headaches, aching joints and weirdly....my teeth hurt, i also get so cold that it is literally to my bones and the only way i can get warm is to stand under a red hot shower for at least half an hour...oh and don't mention my anger issues...i honestly dread having to deal with people...i am convinced before this is over i am going to harm somebody, it is taking all my effort not to flip over the slightest thing, don't get me wrong, i really appreciate the drugs and the fact i am still around to annoy people but i just wish that sometimes it could be easier on me and those around me...anyway, pity party over
Had another call from my mum, they will apparently be able to call me tomorrow but not the day after as they are at sea all day...i have reassured the that i am absolutely fine...i have a feeling they don't believe me Lol, Mums friend has called to check on me this evening
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

29-03-2018, 12:55 AM
Evening all.
Well done with the pills Griff, it must be a real nuisance having to take them without any prior warning as to how the darn things are going to effect you. At least, once you do feel better you'll have plenty of provisions in to make sure you don't starve in your parent's absence (I picture them coming home to find a skeleton sat in the best armchair clutching a lager can, lol!)
Besoeker - ref the exercising in inclement weather - my lot don't seem to care about it either way and as the three big ones are lurchers it would be risky allowing them to run in rain wear. The small terrier is easily dried, which is fortunate as she is into every puddle dyke or drain we come across. I myself don't mind any weather, just as well really considering where I live for it is a truly soggy, wind blown spot. With the exception of extreme ill health I never miss a day out on the moor with my canine compatriots.
Harvey - it is just so good to hear that Casey is still loving his walks, even with his health problems. Hope your good lady is getting over her lurgy and back to full strength - keeping an eye on you! For I'm sure you need it! lol ! Don't we all!
Not much to report from up here, lambing is starting so everyone is kept well at it for a couple of weeks.
Keep well everyone, goodnight and it is, as always, bye fer now.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2