Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-09-2011, 09:02 AM

She actually barked at the postie!

Gotta love Honey! She actually barked at the postie today! Well Im sat in the living room of the house the dogs are in, the dogs have a single bed in the conservetory, the front doors open, Diesel's asleep, postie walkes through the gate, Diesels still asleep, Honey started wagging her tail, postie says morning, walks in to put the mail on the freezer, and then Honey does a single bark, not a aggressive bark, but a hello, and then put her head down, and just watched him, gaurd dog she is not, but you have to love Hun bun.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

24-09-2011, 09:10 AM
Pereg always rushes out to say hello to the bin men with her greeting barks and wagging tail! She does the same to the water delivery guys but then rushes in to hide the other side of my chair when they actually bring the containers in!
sarah1983
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-09-2011, 09:18 AM
Rupert's the same. It took our postie in Manchester about 2 weeks to realise that Ruperts barking was more of an "hey, somebody's come to see me! Let them in!" bark than any desire to eat him. After that he'd deliver the mail to the back door instead of the front, gave him an excuse to fuss the dog

We had a fence and gate seperating the front and back gardens coz Shadow would have bitten anyone coming in. I caught god knows how many delivery people hanging over the gate stroking Rupert. Apparently it's hard to resist a dog that's got its neck stretched out over the gate and is doing its best to lick you as you stand about 6ft away
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-09-2011, 09:29 AM
I just love hearing bout the defiantly not gaurd dogs! , postmen have nothing to fear but the pain of hound tails wherever my dogs are! Same as delivery men, door to door salesmen, anybody! Infact at mine I have to rely on the kittens to know if anyones coming to the door, as they are great at hearing anyone coming through the door leading to mine, the dogs wont care, but the kittens will go running to my front door, ready to inspect any visitors.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran

24-09-2011, 09:33 AM
I love Pereg's greeting barks - she has different sort of barks for different people and I can usually tell who it is before I see them. When it is my neighbour her barks are almost squeals of delight [they adore each other] and she hears the bin men when they are still quite a few houses away, well before they appear, and is ready to start her greeting bark when they get outside here!
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-09-2011, 09:41 AM
If the dogs can see who it is you can tell who it is by their tails, if its a stranger its a few tail wags, before they work out whether its worth getting up, if its someone whose not that into dogs, they get a few more tail wags, if its someone they love before the doors knocked on their tails are going 90mph, and their up before the door is knocked, if its someone really special they do the same, but Diesel starts jumping on the spot (will only put his paws on me) and Honey does the same, but may jump up and starts woowoowoing at them aswell.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran

24-09-2011, 10:34 AM
It is good because even if I am in a different room I can tell either who it is or if Pereg thinks it is "friend" or "foe" or just "not sure".

I do not get bothered by collectors either, unless the door is closed, in which case as soon as I open it they run!