Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-11-2009, 07:32 PM
Originally Posted by Ramble View Post
Buying the Turid book
I'm just not convinced it will work with my little ''focused'' spaniel, but send me the link again and I'l give it a go. I'll try anything to be honest.

I don't mind putting the effort in, I just need to know what I'm doing!
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-11-2009, 07:33 PM
Originally Posted by Pidge View Post
I'm just not convinced it will work with my little ''focused'' spaniel, but send me the link again and I'l give it a go. I'll try anything to be honest.

I don't mind putting the effort in, I just need to know what I'm doing!
I have a big focused FCR....it is working, it only fails when I do.
JanieM
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-11-2009, 07:36 PM
Originally Posted by Ramble View Post
I'm so glad it's helped you as well though I would have felt awful if it hadn't!!!
I've been asked to help someone with a young Dalmation...and have recommended she gets the book too, before I meet up with her (It is specifically lead work she wanted advice with......she is a friend of a friend and i have pointed out I am no expert! )
If it had failed I suspect it would have been because of me!
Maggie is a work in progress. I am under no illusions that I'll ever have a dog that walks perfectly to heel, but then that's not what I'm striving for, just a dog who doesn't pull me along the pavement! She is so focused on what is around her and in particular looking for cats and squirrels that getting her attention is really hard, but we are managing with TR's method. Quite amazing really. You might not think we're doing really well if you were to see us but compared to how we were several weeks ago, we've come a long way.

Good luck with the Dally!
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-11-2009, 07:39 PM
Originally Posted by JanieM View Post
If it had failed I suspect it would have been because of me!
Maggie is a work in progress. I am under no illusions that I'll ever have a dog that walks perfectly to heel, but then that's not what I'm striving for, just a dog who doesn't pull me along the pavement! She is so focused on what is around her and in particular looking for cats and squirrels that getting her attention is really hard, but we are managing with TR's method. Quite amazing really. You might not think we're doing really well if you were to see us but compared to how we were several weeks ago, we've come a long way.

Good luck with the Dally!
Yes...at points I am sure mine look like the worst behaved dogs in the world on lead, but then at other times people comment now on how well trained they are on lead...which makes me laugh as they both pull given the right stimulus for them! We are also much improved though and both respond well to 'the sound' which is great...it is me that needs to ensure we ahve specific training walks etc. Definitely my fault when they fail.
JanieM
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-11-2009, 07:45 PM
Ah yes, "the sound". I'm sure people think i think Maggie is a horse as I use a tongue click as my "sound". Get odd looks but it works for us.
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4