Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
enerosar
Dogsey Senior
Female 

13-12-2006, 12:52 AM

My nan has just died

well as you can tell witht he title, my nan died at 00.11 we didnt expect her to live till the end of the year never mind see the weekend. Shes been very ill for a long time, she was 91 had dementure (sp?) mum had given her 24h Care for over 12mth giving up her home and job. Mum had to put nan in a home about 6 weeks ago as it was to much for her. Nan was taken to hosp on Sat night as she was ill, they sent her back to the home this eve at 6.45pm where they were to make her comfortable as poss. The hosp coudnt tell if she was semi consiouse or not.

I hadnt seen nan for a few weeks as i hated seeing her deteriating. But i went to the home tonight with mum, i told her i loved her and Cody sends his kisses. I gave her a kiss from me and Cody, and told her to have a nice sleep she will feel better inthe morning. I knew i wouldnt see her again, she was breathing funny. She had lost so much weight, the home was told shes down to either 3.5 or 4st now.

Im so glad i went to see her cos i didnt want to go.

What a time of year to go. Mum and dad are with nan now at the home.

I wasnt close to nan over the last year she said some very nasty things to me about me being abad mum to Cody, but i know it was just the illness. No matter what she said i loved her.
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

13-12-2006, 01:04 AM
I lost my nan in June this year, she was 92 and had to be put in a nursing home for the last few weeks of her life. I understand about not seeing her for a few weeks, i did not see mine for a month as i did not recognise her and prefered to remember her as she was.

Theres no real advice i could give as grief is different in everyone, but i will say try and stay strong but dont be affaird to have a good cry.

Phill
BrandieSnap
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-12-2006, 01:11 AM
I'm so sorry. You're having such a rough time at the moment
My thoughts are with you and your family. It must have been hard to see her deteriorating like that

xx
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-12-2006, 01:16 AM
I am so sorry to hear about your nan - hugs to you x
enerosar
Dogsey Senior
Female 

13-12-2006, 01:17 AM
Thanks, i was sat talking to Cody tonight (hes nearly 12mth so doesnt understand) telling him that he wont see Great gran again, shes very poorly and is going to go and look after Barney very soon, but she will look after him still and make sure hes ok. He just sat on my knee listerning, which is somthing he doesnt do. He will always know about his Great Gran, i only have 1 pic of him with her which is when he was 24h old, she was too ill after that for pics, its memorys we didnt want on picture.

This was nan 18mth-2yr ago before she became ill.
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-12-2006, 01:29 AM
I'm so sorry to hear the sad news of your nan dying, my thoughts are with you.

My nan had dementia too, she had it for about 10 years before she died and, also because of the illness, she said some nasty things to all of us and, eventually, became violent, kicking and hitting out. These were things our nan would never do under normal circumstances. I'm so glad that you realised it was your nans illness that made her say the things to you.

You've had such rotten luck recently I sincerely hope that things take a good turn soon. x
chelsea
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-12-2006, 01:41 AM
Im so sorry to hear about your nan thinking of you all x
lizdll
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-12-2006, 03:20 AM
i am sending you all big hugs + kissies :smt016 :smt016 from all of us i really do feel for you if you ever to talk dont forget you can chat to anyone on dogsey
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-12-2006, 07:21 AM
So sorry to hear this honey. Hugs to you and Cody xox
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

13-12-2006, 07:27 AM
Sorry to hear about your Nan.(((Hugs))).xx
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >