View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
John Howard
Dogsey Junior
Male 

31-03-2022, 03:45 PM

Dog rescued from the wild. What breed is it?

What do you think this dog's breed is? She is a drop-off that lived in the wild for about a month before I was able to catch her and make her mine. I have only had her for a week. I took her to the vet for shots and she weighs 60 pounds

I am just curious, it does not really matter what she is. Just want to understand what breed instincts or health needs might be prevalent in her that I need to watch for.
Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20220330_104310.jpg
Views:	599
Size:	119.6 KB
ID:	6143   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-20220326-WA0007.jpg
Views:	584
Size:	114.1 KB
ID:	6144   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-20220326-WA0001 (1).jpg
Views:	580
Size:	84.7 KB
ID:	6145  
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-03-2022, 07:56 PM
Isn't she just gorgeous.

I'm hopeless with breeds, but she looks like a GSD cross to me.
John Howard
Dogsey Junior
Male 

31-03-2022, 10:51 PM
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Isn't she just gorgeous.

I'm hopeless with breeds, but she looks like a GSD cross to me.
She is absolutely gorgeous! Sweet, smart, and calm to boot. Almost too good to be true, for a dog that survived in the wild for almost a month (and apparently did not have good owners to start with).
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-04-2022, 01:27 PM
It puzzles me to hear you say that she didn't have good owners to start with? How do you know this? Have you found out more about her? She looks lovely.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-04-2022, 09:34 PM
She looks totally adorable. Congratulations on your new friend what have you called her?
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-05-2022, 10:48 AM
Have you checked she's not chipped with an identity code?
John Howard
Dogsey Junior
Male 

10-05-2022, 11:08 PM
Originally Posted by brenda1 View Post
It puzzles me to hear you say that she didn't have good owners to start with? How do you know this? Have you found out more about her? She looks lovely.
How do I know here history? I looked for her owners by posting on FB lost and found groups. Eventually, a person recognized her and told me her history, and also confirmed that she was in fact dumped and left to die. This concerned citizen begged me to not give her back to the previous owners as they had abused her and almost killed her. They did not tell me the names of the previous owners, but they were able to confirm enough details (time, dates, age, etc) to assure me that they did in fact know Bella's history.

We later discovered that Bella actually has survived being shot and have had a vet confirm this. The vet said she appeared to have been shot as a puppy.

I made a short video of her life with us so far that you might enjoy. It's on YouTube. Name Bella's Story! I was lost, but now I'm FOUND! video code: zWbsJ5eVNE8
John Howard
Dogsey Junior
Male 

10-05-2022, 11:14 PM
Originally Posted by Moyra View Post
Have you checked she's not chipped with an identity code?
We did that the very first day. No chip.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

11-05-2022, 11:53 AM
Wishing her a happy life with you, glad you did the research and that she is better with you than being returned to a cruel life and the risk of being dumped again or worse.

I would say GSD cross or possibly Belgian Malinois cross maybe a cross of the two ?
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-05-2022, 09:02 PM
Originally Posted by John Howard View Post
How do I know here history? I looked for her owners by posting on FB lost and found groups. Eventually, a person recognized her and told me her history, and also confirmed that she was in fact dumped and left to die. This concerned citizen begged me to not give her back to the previous owners as they had abused her and almost killed her. They did not tell me the names of the previous owners, but they were able to confirm enough details (time, dates, age, etc) to assure me that they did in fact know Bella's history.

We later discovered that Bella actually has survived being shot and have had a vet confirm this. The vet said she appeared to have been shot as a puppy.

I made a short video of her life with us so far that you might enjoy. It's on YouTube. Name Bella's Story! I was lost, but now I'm FOUND! video code: zWbsJ5eVNE8
poor mite. She certainly deserves a better life than that - all dogs do.

One bit of advice, don't dwell on her past. Just make the future as happy as can be.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >