Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-06-2018, 07:34 AM

Daily Thread, Thursday, 28th June.

Good morning all. Hope you and your four legged friends are all in fine fettle.

Have been having trouble with my legs and feet again for the past few days, unable to get out of bed in the night to go to the loo and getting stuck in this chair if I sit for too long.

Hope everyone else is fine though. Harvey how is Lara, is she any better? Brenda is Tyto ok? and Lynn how is Dillon standing up to the heat as it is at the moment. He has a big fur coat for this weather!

Have a good day all, stay cool and dry and above all safe and well. God bless.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

28-06-2018, 08:05 AM
Morning Moyra and all who follow.
Sorry you have been having problems Moyra.
Dillon doing ok surprisingly enough.

Off to london in a bit last time I will see Michael before he flies to Madrid with Maca to live possibly also for Gorden unless they manage a catch up one evening next week while Gorden is up there.
Obviously we will see them again but nice to see him before he starts a new life elsewhere.

Hope everyone is well and all four legged friends are to.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-06-2018, 08:55 AM
Morning all
Moyra, sorry you have been struggling, could you get one of those riser chairs??
Lynn, have a fabulous time
My brother has now left chine and is in Hong Kong...I think he will forget where home is at this rate!!
My recycling has been missed.,.... again, this is a month in a row, last time it didn't get collected on time either.. it's one crew who are the problem
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-06-2018, 10:14 AM
Morning all. Just been watching some live footage of Saddleworth Moor on bbc2 news. Not good. Just hope LG is ok and everyone else up there including the firecrews and army that are helping to put it out. My new fan has arrived so now Tyto can keep cool. My other one gave up yesterday so ordered from Argos and it has just come. bfn have a good afternoon.
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

28-06-2018, 10:32 AM
good morning all, Sorry for absence but health and work get in the way and
I never replaced the computer that died on me, so this is a borrowed laptop.
Thanks to all for your concern, it is appreciated, fortunately I live directly opposite the part of the moor that is burning. The fire couldn't jump the main road that runs up the Dovestone Valley and the wind stayed mostly in the opposite direction. The damage now runs to around ten square miles total devastation of flora and fauna and half of it was listed as an SSI and area of natural beauty. The loss of animals (both livestock and wild creatures) is heartbreaking and the moor will never recover. The worst of it for us was the thick choking smoke but we have lost no livestock and the Mem and myself and dogs are all unscathed. For those who love puppies we sadly have no news as when Danger Curls cameinto season it only lasted 3 days and she went of - so no boyfriend for her and no pups for me to play with and dote over which is a pity - but we will try again if nature cares to cooperate, Thanks once again and my best wishes to all,
Do hope that house sales are successful and the plethora of ailments are soon on the road to recovery. I will make a concerted effort to post occasionally. Bye fer now, G.

i
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-06-2018, 11:04 AM
Awwwww GORDON!!! I am so very pleased you posted, even my mum and dad have been asking after you! Really made my day although in such sad circumstances...I am pleased you are all safe and in one piece but as you say such a loss to wildlife and livestock
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-06-2018, 11:49 AM
OH LG bless you for knowing our concern for your welfare and that of your Memsaab and the dogs. Shame Danger curls did not oblige, not her fault of course maybe next time around.

Do keep safe all of you up there, it is such a shame for all the livestock and wild life that has been lost and the damage that cannot be repaired.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-06-2018, 12:32 PM
Take Care Gordon. Thinking of you.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

28-06-2018, 12:42 PM
Originally Posted by gordon mac View Post
I will make a concerted effort to post occasionally. Bye fer now, G.

Thanks for the update, good to read that the fires are away from you, it certainly is a terible situation with the animals, I hope they can get it under control with the help of the Army.

We like to get your news from 'up there' doesn't have to be every day (or even every week) just as long as we know you and the Mem are well.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-06-2018, 03:49 PM
Yeah LG...so long as we know you aren't pushing up daisies!!
I wish my stoopid dogs would lie in the shade...I want to stay in the garden but they keep lying in the full sun so I have to come back in... boo!!!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >