View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-12-2009, 09:13 PM
where are the photos of the OP's dog, the only photos I have seen have been links to other sites

cant really tell you what I think without seeing it.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-12-2009, 09:21 PM
There are none, only in her profile. He looks like a GDS cross.
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-12-2009, 09:23 PM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
Thats because it is Gnasher. None of the pictures are of her dog!
O right ! The picture was posted by Lisa, so I assumed that was her dog

Is there a picture of her Canaan anywhere?
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-12-2009, 09:23 PM
Originally Posted by Gnasher View Post
O right ! The picture was posted by Lisa, so I assumed that was her dog

Is there a picture of her Canaan anywhere?
No Gnasher, only in her profile. I think she tried to fool us a little.
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-12-2009, 09:33 PM
No Gnasher, only in her profile. I think she tried to fool us a little.
Why do you say that? I have had a look at her Avatar, and of course from that it is extremely difficult to tell. From what I can see though, the coat and colouring, and general head appearance (although not clear) all seem, from what I can see, to be as you would expect for a young Canaan. The ears might be a bit too pointy, but it really is impossible to say from the Avatar. The tail is the only doubt I would have cast - it is the right shape, but "thin" - the Canaan tail is quite bushy, but this might be because the dog in the Avatar is clearly an adolescent, not fully developed. It is of course impossible to tell from such a picture, but if my life depended on it and I had to make a choice either way, I would say that the dog is a young Canaan.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-12-2009, 09:36 PM
Why do you say that? I have had a look at her Avatar, and of course from that it is extremely difficult to tell. From what I can see though, the coat and colouring, and general head appearance (although not clear) all seem, from what I can see, to be as you would expect for a young Canaan. The ears might be a bit too pointy, but it really is impossible to say from the Avatar. The tail is the only doubt I would have cast - it is the right shape, but "thin" - the Canaan tail is quite bushy, but this might be because the dog in the Avatar is clearly an adolescent, not fully developed. It is of course impossible to tell from such a picture, but if my life depended on it and I had to make a choice either way, I would say that the dog is a young Canaan.
We saw one pic from what I remember, it was not a canaan at all, it was a crossbreed out of rescue. There were only a couple litters registered last year, all accounted for Im certain of that, they are carefully monitered.
Krusewalker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

20-12-2009, 09:36 PM
i kind of saw canaan too, especially as we had a canaan x in training that looked very alike.

just my first impression from a small photo though
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-12-2009, 09:41 PM
We saw one pic from what I remember, it was not a canaan at all, it was a crossbreed out of rescue. There were only a couple litters registered last year, all accounted for Im certain of that, they are carefully monitered.
Come on Dawn, be reasonable, you CANNOT say that. You are not the Judge of all Judges, and neither am I, on whether or not a Canaan is, or is not a Canaan. I have to take your word on it that in YOUR opinion the dog is a crossbreed, but you cannot KNOW for sure.

Going slightly off the point, what do you think of the breed? I fell in love with them, and we would have definitely bought a pup if our daughter had been older. We just felt at only 10 I think she was, a dog with a very strong guarding instinct, which the canaan has, might not be suitable. We never regretted the decision to go down the Hal route, but I still hanker after a Canaan I must say.
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-12-2009, 09:44 PM
I to would be very very suprised to hear of a full cannan dog in rescue

for me its nigh impossible to identify the dog in the photo, it could look like one thing in that photo and something compleatly diff in another,

if there was a decent head shot and a decent side on body shot that would help.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-12-2009, 09:47 PM
Come on Dawn, be reasonable, you CANNOT say that. You are not the Judge of all Judges, and neither am I, on whether or not a Canaan is, or is not a Canaan. I have to take your word on it that in YOUR opinion the dog is a crossbreed, but you cannot KNOW for sure.

Going slightly off the point, what do you think of the breed? I fell in love with them, and we would have definitely bought a pup if our daughter had been older. We just felt at only 10 I think she was, a dog with a very strong guarding instinct, which the canaan has, might not be suitable. We never regretted the decision to go down the Hal route, but I still hanker after a Canaan I must say.

I am telling you that the Canaan dogs bred and registered last year are all accounted for, check yourself if you dont believe me, pleae dont tell me to be reasonable when I know its a fact.

The dog came from rescue, its a crossbreed. Its also not the first time a "new" owner has thought their dog was a Canaan, there has been at least one other on here, check that too Gnasher, Im being perfectly reasonable about that FACT too!

The breed is fine, not for me, very well maintained and carefully monitered by responsible breeders.
Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >