Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
waggytail
Dogsey Junior
Female 

15-05-2023, 08:52 AM

neighbour harassment

i havent posted on this forum for a quite a while but i really need some help... i am seeking advice and reassurance from fellow dog owners following the on-going harassment and intimidation of my neighbour against myself and my dogs.
my neighbour shouts at the fence if my dogs make any sound, to be very clear, this is really just odd barks or play noises, during the day when we are simply out enjoying the garden, the dogs do not bark continuously, or at night etc which i understand can be considered as nuisance barking.
i am deeply upset by this situation, it started last year, and with the weather getting nicer it has now started again, i contacted citizens advice and council at the end of last summer, the neighbour is not approachable, they have been very aggressive regarding other issues in the past (long story) so i was told to keep notes but generally to try and ignore it, but its really upsetting.
any experiences and advice is much appreciated as right now i feel bullied by my neighbour, it has made me completely paranoid about my dogs and very uneasy about being out in my garden.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-05-2023, 02:21 PM
Is there any chance you can higher the fence (solid fence). It will seem far less threatening and much easier to ignore if you can't see someone who is being so unreasonable

How I dealt with a crazy neighbour in the past who used to bang his bins against the fence to make my dogs startle and bark and then complain about them, was to tell him to report me.

I bought a CCTV camera and recorded all that went on for if ever he did. He eventually got fed up and stopped being a nasty prat
waggytail
Dogsey Junior
Female 

16-05-2023, 04:16 PM
Hi Chris,
i just wanted to thank you for your reply, im trying really hard to ignore and avoid, there is a tall solid fence but it is still really distressing.
im pleased that in your situation they eventually got fed up. i pray the same will be for me.
thanks again for your kind support.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-05-2023, 08:47 PM
I think a big part of him getting fed up was the CCTV camera going up. It was only a cheap thing, but worth every penny
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

17-05-2023, 11:50 AM
Neighbour disputes are mentally draining and when pets and/or children are distressed by it it makes it even worse.
Chris's idea of a cheap camera going up and in full view them seeing it going up and aware it is there, but maybe not somewhere where they can damage it sounds like a good idea.

I hope you find a solution I have been there before I had dogs and it did my head in. Also before the days of internet and groups to get support.

Wishing you all the best.