View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
sammerson
Dogsey Junior
Female 

03-01-2008, 09:39 PM
So here is something that disturbs me in this story and it may not be the way I perceive it but they weren't very clear.

Why is it that they just found two stray dogs and automatically assumed they were related to this attack and destroyed them because of it? Why was that? because they just happened to be Rotts?
boobah
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-01-2008, 09:41 PM
I'm just gutted about the whole scenario and hope there isn't too much damage done to the breed,xxxxxxxxx
Evie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-01-2008, 10:17 PM
Malady brought up a great idea over on the "ban the rottie poll" thread. How about someone draws up a standard letter outlining the important points as to why BSL doesn't work and how the only way forwar is to target irresponsible owners regardless of breed?
This way many people could send these letters on with their own details to local MP's, the government, papers etc etc.

I really feel we could make a huge difference cos so many people are interested in this subject.

Any volunteers please?
nero
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

03-01-2008, 11:18 PM
Originally Posted by sammerson View Post
So here is something that disturbs me in this story and it may not be the way I perceive it but they weren't very clear.

Why is it that they just found two stray dogs and automatically assumed they were related to this attack and destroyed them because of it? Why was that? because they just happened to be Rotts?
Two words sums it up "media hype". when the press get a story they think the public will react to they go into overdrive, good news does'nt sell newspapers, bad news gets them lots of "credibility" in the populace that does'nt own dogs nor ever have owned dogs.
zoeybeau1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-01-2008, 11:25 PM
If owner were charged with GBH and MANSALUGHTER if there dogs biten or killed it might make people think twice, theyve tried cracking down on the dogs no good no why dont they crack down on the owners? jmo
nero
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

03-01-2008, 11:42 PM
Originally Posted by zoeybeau1 View Post
If owner were charged with GBH and MANSALUGHTER if there dogs biten or killed it might make people think twice, theyve tried cracking down on the dogs no good no why dont they crack down on the owners? jmo
And it's the right opinion ZB, the grandparents/parents left a 16 year old to look after the tots but she was upstairs, the doors were unlocked, anyone could've gone in there and snatched the baby, sadly the seven year old made the innocent mistake of taking the baby outside to see the dog, you can't blame the child for doing this but I hope the adults can live with themselves and the tragic consequences of their negligence.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2