View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-11-2008, 06:05 PM
This is a very old thread but a point zuhzoo raised, Do CKCS have trouble breathing? Must say I have met more than a few dozen and I have never noticed it. Mind you seen a fair few bulldogs playing and none of them collapsed from lack of oxygen either.
zuhzoo
Dogsey Junior
Female 

16-11-2008, 07:50 PM
Originally Posted by Pita View Post
This is a very old thread but a point zuhzoo raised, Do CKCS have trouble breathing? Must say I have met more than a few dozen and I have never noticed it. Mind you seen a fair few bulldogs playing and none of them collapsed from lack of oxygen either.
They tend to have an elongated soft palate, I believe. It's not as common for them to have serious problems, though. My nan still has her CKCS and she has had breathing problems her whole life- she was not bred badly, nor is the problem that serious. She just snores, and sometimes has a 'snorting fit' where either she would need to drink or water would be squirted down her throat, while you massaged her neck. Her dog also has to have tablets daily for heart problems, and I think against seizing...

I was just bringing up that point- it isn't fatal, (or haven't heard of it being!) but I heard it isn't uncommon for CKCS to have this problem.
smileyfaces=]
Dogsey Junior
Female 

10-04-2009, 06:07 AM
all these deliberate 'puggles' and other deliberate crossed breeds are just for fashion.
i feel sorry for the dogs really. by crossing breeds randomly, and calling them names, it just takes away the name MUTT and HEINZ57 (lol!) i would like a mutt thanks, not poogle or whatever next...!
queenwillow
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-04-2009, 07:08 AM
its getting really stupid
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4