Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
astle9
Dogsey Senior
Male 

17-05-2010, 07:06 AM
Originally Posted by Lizzy23 View Post
i represent NESSR, we would have no problems with you working part time, or having specific requirements as long as your willing to wait for the right dog to come along, are your dogs bitches?? if so what about bryn

http://www.dogsey.com/showthread.php...18#post1952718
Sadly the dominant dog is a male, we would love to see Dillon who is a working cocker who is with you, i have posted on another site to another one of your reps about him but sadly due to my leg being in plaster i cannot travel that for for about another month, Wales is about as far as i can get, we were on holiday in Northumberland last year (Seahouses) and it was quite a drive without a leg in plaster, we would be prepared to travel though normally.
Lizzy23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-05-2010, 07:56 AM
Originally Posted by astle9 View Post
Sadly the dominant dog is a male, we would love to see Dillon who is a working cocker who is with you, i have posted on another site to another one of your reps about him but sadly due to my leg being in plaster i cannot travel that for for about another month, Wales is about as far as i can get, we were on holiday in Northumberland last year (Seahouses) and it was quite a drive without a leg in plaster, we would be prepared to travel though normally.

Dillon is now on foster in carlisle
astle9
Dogsey Senior
Male 

17-05-2010, 07:58 AM
I have registered with your organisation today and i will speak to someone soon with regards to my specific needs if possible, i am in no rush.
Lizzy23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-05-2010, 08:31 AM
Originally Posted by astle9 View Post
I have registered with your organisation today and i will speak to someone soon with regards to my specific needs if possible, i am in no rush.

Thats what we like they're always coming in , i wish i could tell you we have nothing, but sadly it will never happen
AliceandDogs
Dogsey Senior
Female 

17-05-2010, 09:56 AM
I feel your pain We rescued from the RSPCA abut 6 years ago (never again), and one member of staff said we wouldn't get a dog, because my dad sometimes did a bit of decorating work. This was an older dog (now 14) who had been with them a good few months and repeatedly looked over, who just wanted to sleep the majority of the day with a nice walk thrown in.

Surfice to say, we couldn't bare to leave her there and bent the truth a little on the form. 6 years on and she's a very happy little dog, and I think would rather be left alone to sleep most of the time!
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-05-2010, 02:34 PM
I think it is very short-sighted of a rescue centre to knock back someone who would only be leaving the dog 4hrs at a time!! Especially, when they would have company of other dogs.

It narks me that rescues are chock-full of dogs needing homes and they are being too nit-picky putting such stringent stipulations up.

I mean, exactly how many households these days are flocking to rescue centres who have someone in the house ALL DAY?

I hope you find another rescue centre who is a little more flexible in their policies. Common-sense should really be applied and judge each applicant on their own merits - not just have an inflexible blanket ruling!
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-05-2010, 10:28 PM
I hate when rescues do that. I know they want to find the best homes possible but when the rescues are so full, they shouldnt be so fussy. They should also at least listen to how you could make it work, and not just a straight out 'no'.

Im just glad my mum doesnt work, so that has never been a problem for us.
Magpyex
Almost a Veteran
Female 

17-05-2010, 10:45 PM
I hate to play devil's advocate but it does say in their adoption procedures that although they believe it is okay for dogs to be left home alone for 4 hours at a time, this is sometimes too long for some of the dogs they get in. The cocker that you said you applied for is described as having lost trust in people due to a family crisis & being rehomed so perhaps he is just one of those dogs that they do not feel can cope in a house where he is going to be left for more than an hour or two.

I'm not disputing that it's ridiculous the way lots of rescues reject people because they aren't home 24/7 but I do get the feeling Many Tears are probably doing this for a reason, sorry
werewolf
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-05-2010, 11:24 PM
Originally Posted by Crysania View Post
It's VERY frustrating. I can't believe the amount of rescues who seem to require that people don't work in order to get a dog. I don't understand this -- if you don't work, how can you afford the dog? And if you do work, then you don't have time? It makes NO SENSE.

Was this a breed specific rescue? I find they're sometimes more obnoxious with their requirements. We got Dahlia from an all-breed (and all mixed breed) rescue and they had realistic requirements.

Unless this dog has separation anxiety, the rescue is being ridiculous. Most dogs I know are left alone 8-9 hours a day (including my parent's dog) and they're quite content to sleep and laze around and enjoy their people in the evening and morning.
I couldn't agree more.
werewolf
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-05-2010, 11:26 PM
Originally Posted by AliceandDogs View Post
I feel your pain We rescued from the RSPCA abut 6 years ago (never again), and one member of staff said we wouldn't get a dog, because my dad sometimes did a bit of decorating work. This was an older dog (now 14) who had been with them a good few months and repeatedly looked over, who just wanted to sleep the majority of the day with a nice walk thrown in.

Surfice to say, we couldn't bare to leave her there and bent the truth a little on the form. 6 years on and she's a very happy little dog, and I think would rather be left alone to sleep most of the time!
I am glad it worked out well for your dog xxxxxx Good on you xxxx
Page 5 of 7 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 7 >