Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-12-2018, 07:49 AM

Daily Thread, Sunday. 23rd December, 2018

Good morning everyone, What a night my neighbour upstairs was banging around on my ceiling like a bloody elephant for ages. Guess she had been out drinking as she was thumping around the flat at three to half past gone this morning.

I hope you and yours are all ok this morning. Griff hope you are feeling better and it soon clears up.

Have a good day, it will soon be over, another big delivery today from Ocado. then I can get on and cook my joint of gammon, that will keep Steve happy. Tidying up the dining table yesterday I discovered that Steve had opened the shortbread I bought for Christmas, half a TIN GONE!
so I quickly ordered two more tins from Ocado hoping that somebody else my get a look in. He never asks just assumes he can help himself. Still waiting for him to give me some housekeeping and £23 he owes me for his tobacco.
Anyone want a home reared son for keeps?

As I was saying have a good day, stay dry and keep safe and well it will soon be over. God bless.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-12-2018, 09:30 AM
Good morning Moyra and all who follow

Just tell Steve that he has eaten half his Christmas present so will have nothing for Christmas Day Hope you get everything done that you wish to today so that you can take things more slowly in the days to come

Hope both Chris and Griff are feeling a lot better today.

Raining here so have taken the opportunity to make a load of macaroni cheese, some for lunch and the rest in the freezer. Have also got a Pantone in the bread maker so hope that turns out ok.

Hope all two and four legged are well

Have a good day and stay safe.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

23-12-2018, 10:05 AM
Morning Moyra, Sue and all to follow.
Miserable wet weather here today.

Moyra so sorry you had such a disturbing night. I think you need to think of yourself for once and look for the little bungalow that would suit you and Amber better. I am sure if Steve had no choice he would he come.
As for the shortbread my boys as old as they have been living at home would never take things without asking if I was out they would message and ask if it was ok.
Hugs it must drive you barmy.
Sue hope the panetone turns out alright. My breadmaker is on my worktop here no having to put things away plenty of space in the kitchen to keep the mier and that out. After Christmas I am going to get a bit adventurous with the breadmaker.
Today sausage roll making, mince pies and marzipan and ice our cake.
Also tidy through ready for Michael when he comes tomorrow.
Do hope Maca's and her parents parcels have arrived in Madrid sent them so they left Monday and it was 3-5 day standard delivery so should of been there by Friday at the latest.
Not like them to not get in touch and thank us.
Will check with Michael to see if he has heard anything.

Chris and griff hope you are feeling better today. Also OH Chris.

Hope everyone and all four legged friends are well today.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-12-2018, 12:08 PM
Steve is working on and off cleaning my oven. He's just stopped for a smoke and a mug of tea. I have supplied all the cleaning material and am going to do the bathroom while he finishes doing the kitchen. To say he is not very happy is an understatement!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

23-12-2018, 12:41 PM
Has to pay his rent in some way if not in cash.
I don't suppose it enthralls you Moyra having to clean.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

23-12-2018, 01:03 PM
Hi Moyra, sorry you had bad neighbours recently. Noise at that time of night is un-acceptable.

Just to let you know I still scan the local rag property section when I buy it (That's not every week but at least once a month) I do it to keep an eye on prices and it's easy to check out the rentals as well.

This week (As you might expect) there was mostly estate agents wishing all their customers a Merry Christmas There were only two rental properties, both were town houses in Bury St. Edmunds, so not what you want.

I kinda get the feeling that if a rental property makes it into a weekly newspaper then the agent thinks it ain't gonna go very quickly All the millenials looking 'on line' Anyway, I'll keep you in mind every time I buy the BFP.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

23-12-2018, 01:16 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Has to pay his rent in some way if not in cash.

Yes Lynn, if you live in a property that you don't own then you are a tennant, and if you are tennant you have to pay rent.

It doesn't matter how many people involved, what their relationship is, or their ages, or anything, each occupant has to pay a pro-rata rate, simples
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

23-12-2018, 01:19 PM
Weather here is about as miserable as it can get and it looks like it may carry on all week

But, in case I don't get to post much in the next few days then let me wish all of you a very MERRY CHRISTMAS and a super HAPPY HEALTHY NEW YEAR
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-12-2018, 01:54 PM
Addendum: I have had to finish it off and do all the trays. It is far from perfect but it is an old oven and it will do for a bit longer. Got a half leg of small lamb cooking on convection in the combination oven.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-12-2018, 02:03 PM
Thanks all for your support. He does more cooking on the stove than I so these days. Yes Harvey if you ever see anything that you think may be suitable give me a shout but do not go out of your way. Only if you are buying the rag for your own interest. An hour's rest in between cooking some dinner, then off to walk Amber before it gets dark and my Ocado delivery due between four and five o'clock. Shall be glad when it is all over.

If we do not see you again this side of Christmas Day Harvey, I wish you and your dear lady wife and of course Casey a nice peaceful and comfortable Christmas. God bless.xx
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >