Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-12-2018, 12:28 AM

Daily Thread, Monday, 24th December. - Christmas Eve, 2018

I am up late couldn't sleep. Have been clearing out a lot old radio and telephone gear, I know I shall never use again. I am beginning to feel my age and appreciated the no of Christmases I may yet see are getting fewer. I have given Steve a lot of photos that he may want to ponder over and while I am still able to tell him who is who in them.

Now I think I had better get to bed. everything is done, just the veggies to prep later in the morning, I am quite looking forward to it.

Hope you and your lovely four legged friends are all well.

Have a good day, stay dry and hope you get the last of your preparations for the big day done. God bless All, Christmas Eve and I am looking forward to Mass tonight. God bless all.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-12-2018, 07:51 AM
Morning Moyra and all to follow. Like you Moyra couldn't sleep but that is mainly because of another pesky person who lives here.bg!! Anyway been up and about for a bit and put gammon on to cook in oven. Done some washing. Yeesterday cooked mini sausage rolls and wrapped mini sausages with bacon and cooked them. Oh yes and prepared sprouts. I know how to have fun. bg!! Now just some hoovering to do and me to see to. Have a good day all.
I do so miss my boy still.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-12-2018, 09:29 AM
Morning all...I actually slept well! The powers of Carling and painkillers!! Woke at about 5 am
Currently hiding upstairs as mum is on the phone to the registrar's booking an appointment for her friend...last thing they need is my crazy dog putting her 2 peneth worth in lol
Brother arrives today...groan, last thing I need but at least I can say I am poorly and come to bed....I will just bring supplies!
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-12-2018, 09:55 AM
Good morning Moyra, Brenda, Griff and all who follow

Hugs Brenda hope you manage to have a good day tomorrow.

Lucky you Griff being able to escape to your room. When my sister is here I have to walk on egg shells. Fortunately it is only for two days in all this time.

Have made a raspberry and white chocolate cheese cake for Boxing Day and made caramel puddings for lunch today. Will stuff the turkey later once the stuffing has cooled, put the hoover round and a quick dust and that will do me. Only potatoes to do tomorrow as all my veg is done and in the freezer so an easy day tomorrow for me

Have a very Happy Christmas everyone and hope you stay well over the festive period

Have a good day and stay safe.
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

24-12-2018, 10:17 AM
A little ditty to practise with for Christmas day

I'm not a pheasant plucker
But a pheasant pluckers son
And I am only plucking pheasants
Until the pheasant plucker comes
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-12-2018, 02:45 PM
Well that's the sage, onion and thyme stuffing made. I do like home made. Not sure about Pat who is joining us for dinner so I can make some Paxo sage and onion mix as well just in case.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

24-12-2018, 02:49 PM
Afternoon everyone who has been here so far.

Gorden went out for breakfast and finish their Christmas shopping. I chose not to go for breakfast and to tidy and wrap presents and get the gammon cooked.
We will be using that over today and tomorrow and there will be some left for Boxing day when Mark, Lauren and Joel are here to that is our Christmas day.
Now sitting down and having a quiet bit of time before they arrive home.

griff good place to be in the bedroom. Hope you are feeling better.
Hugs Moyra and brenda.
Sue hope the next couple of days goes well.
Ha ha Barry the old uns are the best.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-12-2018, 03:23 PM
Every year the same...dad sits on his lazy arse doing nothing, me and mum run ourselves ragged trying to make sure the house meets my brother's exacting standards...he says he will arrive at a given time...today 5pm, no word of him having left, I said to my dad he must have left by now? His answer.. don't hassle him, he will get her when he gets here, I just lost it...told him he sits on his arse, does eff all, I have to feed the dogs, try to get my dinner and then try and deal with them when he comes..now, he has his dinner made for him so I am treating myself to a Chinese...he said " not my fault you have to go to the shop"!! Then to top it off, got a message off my brother, who hasn't even left yet...so, Ian going to get my dinner at 5 and if he arrives whilst I am eating it...tough, the dogs can jump all over him lol.... have I mentioned, I hate Christmas!!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

24-12-2018, 04:05 PM
Most stressful time griff. Hugs. Xxx
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-12-2018, 04:11 PM
Cheers Lynn, it annoys me the way he sits there doing nothing
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >