Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

13-09-2018, 06:59 PM
Originally Posted by Moobli View Post
Moo call ha ha!! I’d heard of that! But as we’ve no mobile signal not much use to me ��.

Write to the technical director and tell him you have no coverage. That's what I did four years ago when we moved here and there was zilch signal.

The initial reply was the usual PR type of cosy words and no promise of action BUT three years latter the signal suddenly appeared and I can even get good coverage inside the house.

Worth a try, can't guarantee you'll get a response but it worked for me
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-09-2018, 06:34 AM
Hm three years. Maybe that is why it suddenly appeared not because of writing to the technical director but because they pulled their finger out and decided to up grade some of the issues round your way. Won't help me when I go on holiday as I am told there is sporadic signal where we are going, usually in the morning's apparently. So, I haven't got three years to wait for it to appear strongly. Only 5 weeks. bg!! Still not to worry I only take my tablet for the camera on it. A signal is a bonus for me.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

14-09-2018, 04:57 PM
Originally Posted by brenda1 View Post
Hm three years. Maybe that is why it suddenly appeared

Haha, yes no way do I claim it was entirely down to me writing to them, like I said their initial response was rubbish, but to the network planning engineers there are always choices, they can't do everything so they do the ones that have had most 'noise' i.e. complaints and it can take a few years from the decision "Yes we'll do that one" to actually getting all the kit installed and working

(One of my many past lives did involve network planning)

So for your holiday, if you're going in a few months time there is no way the mobile phone company can upgrade the area. If you were royalty or film star they could install a 'tempory' base station next to your hotel. Do you fit into one of those categorys
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-09-2018, 06:24 AM
I was on the television a few years ago. Does that count? bg!!
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

15-09-2018, 12:07 PM
Originally Posted by brenda1 View Post
I was on the television a few years ago. Does that count? bg!!

Not unless it was Big Brother or one of those 'reality' shows
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-09-2018, 01:07 PM
No it was a quiz show and me and my dog called Bobby, a Border Collie, won. With a couple of family members helping. Still have the photo and the sweat jumper and the autographs of the celebrities.Oh and the badge that we had to wear. Happy Days.
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3