Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-12-2018, 11:20 AM

Your ideal christmas

Hello all

Just had this conversation with a lady in the corner shop this morning..... I think she had been mulling it over, and we bumped into each other hence I said, as you do on Christmas eve.

"All done"

"Yes and no"

At which we both left the shop, same time. I wished her Merry Christmas and she said "My ideal way to spend this week well few days would be at home with hubby and just the telly"

I said then why don't you? and she said "Oh I couldn't its Christmas"

I realise people have lost loved ones and they cannot be brought back but as of now and who you have what would be your ideal day and why aren't you doing it?
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-12-2018, 02:42 PM
My ideal day would be to have all the family here for Christmas dinner.

Why not? Distance between us (in miles not emotion) so it will be me, OH and oldest son and a morning of telephone calls to each other.

Fortunately, we do all stay in touch and get together over the summer at various times, but I do miss having everyone over on Christmas day
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-12-2018, 04:01 PM
Somewhere on my own with my dogs and cat a shed load of beer and enough junk food to last me a week lol
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

24-12-2018, 04:40 PM
Always love Christmas and the boys and partners and Joel. Must say some years it has been stressful trying to get visits into mum, moving in the past and being unhappy but this year will be lovely Michael already here arrived yesterday evening everything under control and looking forward to Boxing day which is our Christmas day.
Last few Christmas's been a nightmare mum ill, Gill last year and being basically unhappy this year though although we will remember the ones we have lost I am feeling relaxed and excited more than I have done in a long time.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-12-2018, 05:48 PM
For me I would have loved one more Christmas with Tyto. Will miss him opening his presents.A very happy Christmas to you Lynn and family. Especially Dillon.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-12-2018, 05:50 PM
I wish you all peace and happiness. xx