Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Colin
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

11-03-2008, 05:46 PM
Originally Posted by boobah View Post
Oh I have sat in the middle of the road many a time and refused to budge and smiled and said oh I can't go anywhere you'll have to back upxxxxxxxxxx
I do that as well.
bens mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-03-2008, 06:02 PM
when i lived in london every other car seemed to me to be a 4x4 !!!!!
but when i lived in the country i rarely saw any. ok u had the ole farm boy with his 4 wheeled drive mud machine (so mucky u couldnt tell the color) i dont think theres a need for inner citys to have a big motor. no need at all, especially as 90% of the time your crawling along at 20 miles and hour (if your lucky)
im not a driver not allowed to due to too much meds. but we use the car 2 or 3 times a week. and what do we drive a fiat panda 750. dirt cheap on petrol/ins/tax. great to park in little gaps. can motor up hill like crazy. easy to repair. and ben fits in ok.
when we have the seats folded down and we can move loads of stuff, OH even shifted a 12 foot shed (ok in bits and in 2 loads) but managed it just fine.
so we dont need a 4x4.
and yes ill give a dirty look to mrs rich (lady dog) whos dropping off her child where she lives 10 mins walk away.
oh our petrol bill is about 10 quid a week. rest of the time i either walk or OH goes on a mountain bike.
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

11-03-2008, 06:13 PM
I live in London, london borough of havering, I drive my 4x4 every day and I'm female. I bought and chose the car and pay heavily for the priviledge to use it. I drive on dual carriageways, motorways and country lanes as well as into the town centre. I don't complain and have no issues with anyone's choice of vehicle, I don't have run ins with other road users and my road manners are exactly the same as when I drive my mini cooper. I really can't see why anyone should feel the need to pass judgement on someone because of the car they drive. It's plain daft.
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-03-2008, 06:52 PM
Personally i have no problem with these types - in fact if i could afford it i would have one!

What i dislike is drivers (and its mercs and BMWs as well!) who often have the opinion that they need not say thankyou or indicate or even pay any attention to the road as their higher tax entitles the to use the road as they wish!!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-03-2008, 07:48 PM
Lol, now you're in my territory there with the Beemer Alex!! I must admit there, that I do sort of have a different "look" when I'm in Dave's beemer than I do when I'm in my stinky old dogmobile Astra estate!!! I must admit though, my road manners are still impeccable, but my patience with some of the old f*rts who shouldn't be on the road runs a bit thin, and I zoom round them! I still can't look down on others like some people (notice I said some people there!!!)do in their great big chelsea tractors though, rather I have to look "up" coz it's so low and sleek, but I don't mind that, I've still got the badge on the bonnet! Now I'm in trouble!!!!!
RRmum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

11-03-2008, 10:08 PM
Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
I live in London, london borough of havering, I drive my 4x4 every day and I'm female. I bought and chose the car and pay heavily for the priviledge to use it. I drive on dual carriageways, motorways and country lanes as well as into the town centre. I don't complain and have no issues with anyone's choice of vehicle, I don't have run ins with other road users and my road manners are exactly the same as when I drive my mini cooper. I really can't see why anyone should feel the need to pass judgement on someone because of the car they drive. It's plain daft.
Good post- totally agree.
Heather and Zak
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-03-2008, 10:14 PM
Good post, it doesn't matter what you drive, some people are prats whatever they drive, its not the car it's the driver.
Fliggle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-03-2008, 07:41 AM
It's probably to do with all the bad hype 4x4's have been getting lately. The ones that haven't tried them or need them have just jumped on the media band wagon.

If your neighbours going to be so open about her dislike I'd stop right across her drive and ask her what her problem is.
Wolfie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-03-2008, 10:44 AM
Great post Trouble, I totally agree. I was up your neck of the woods yesterday too

Originally Posted by alexandra View Post
Personally i have no problem with these types - in fact if i could afford it i would have one!

What i dislike is drivers (and its mercs and BMWs as well!) who often have the opinion that they need not say thankyou or indicate or even pay any attention to the road as their higher tax entitles the to use the road as they wish!!
I certainly agree with that.

Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
You all know my take on them, I only have gripes with Mrs. Rich Bitch taking little Freddy to school in it blocking up the one and only escape from my village!!! Grrrr, somehow these women just don't know how to park one! Either that, or they plainly can't drive one!! They are a man's car, they're big and aggressive, (I'd better add an "imo" in there! Lol!) Another thing I don't like is when I'm going up a B-road with cars parked either side, only room for one car to go through, and guess who starts coming right at me!!! Errrrrr why???? Why do they think they own the blooming road just coz they're bigger! Many a time I've played chicken with those types though! Lol! Only in my dogmobile coz I don't care if it hits me in that!!!!
I take my kids to school in mine, but I've got no choice as it's a bloody long walk from here

Originally Posted by boobah View Post
Oh I have sat in the middle of the road many a time and refused to budge and smiled and said oh I can't go anywhere you'll have to back upxxxxxxxxxx
I do that too when it's my right of way
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

12-03-2008, 10:47 AM
Well if you only have one vehicle that has to fulfill lots of needs and uses they are brilliant. We're thinking of getting a second one
Page 4 of 19 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 > Last »