Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-11-2013, 03:14 PM

My walk at Painshill Park today ...

I had a wonderful walk today with a friend and her two lovely greyhounds. We walked for about 2 hours and then stopped at the cafe for a coffee to warm us up. The trees still weren't in full autumn livery so I'll just have to go back next week
Warning ... picture heavy

and the stunning view once we walked up to the Turkish Tent follie:

Thanks for looking
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-11-2013, 03:18 PM
Oh what a treat to look at these! I love follies and used to travel out to see them all over! I remember a 'Bear House' but forget where for the moment.

You know Jenny - this is the first time I've actually got a proper mental picture of the size of your dogs with something to scale next to them. I did imagine they were smaller - more small Cavvy sized. But they are quite medium sized really aren't they?

I was happy that I got to see SOME autumn leaf colour in the UK before I left a few weeks ago. It was changing rapidly every day I was there. I love the colours of Autumn in the UK and also the colours of the flowers and blossom in Spring.

*the boots, fur hat and gloves on your pal tell me all I need to know about the temps there at the mo!
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

15-11-2013, 03:19 PM
What a lovely spot Jenny
It's good to see Flash has recovered from his recent bout of HGE
Lynne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-11-2013, 03:27 PM
Gorgeous photos Jenny I love the last one of the view.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

15-11-2013, 04:58 PM
Stunning views Jenny. Didn't think it was cold enough for the hat and gloves up here today though, been quite a pleasant day actually. No rain is good!!!
That folly looks really nice, you could sit down in there and have a flask and sandwiches couldn't you.
It must be a huge place to be able to walk for 2 hours!!!
Cath
Dogsey Senior
Female 

15-11-2013, 05:03 PM
Beautiful photos
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-11-2013, 05:49 PM
Beautiful photos Jenny. I love the autumn colours too - I hope you will post again if you go back.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-11-2013, 05:56 PM
Originally Posted by Tang View Post
Oh what a treat to look at these! I love follies and used to travel out to see them all over! I remember a 'Bear House' but forget where for the moment.

You know Jenny - this is the first time I've actually got a proper mental picture of the size of your dogs with something to scale next to them. I did imagine they were smaller - more small Cavvy sized. But they are quite medium sized really aren't they?

I was happy that I got to see SOME autumn leaf colour in the UK before I left a few weeks ago. It was changing rapidly every day I was there. I love the colours of Autumn in the UK and also the colours of the flowers and blossom in Spring.

*the boots, fur hat and gloves on your pal tell me all I need to know about the temps there at the mo!
Tibetans are classed as medium size although Rucksack is larger than Flash. There are lots of follies at Painshill Park and so many different walks to explore. What I love is that all dogs have to be kept on leads so perfect for Rucksack ... mind you we rarely see other people there anyway apart from when we stop at the cafe. Today 7 dogs passed us while we were at the cafe and passed within about 4' of him, so I just kept getting his attention with a treat

Originally Posted by Meg View Post
What a lovely spot Jenny
It's good to see Flash has recovered from his recent bout of HGE
Thanks Meg. He seems to have made a full recovery but it was a battle to try and stop him hoovering and there were a lot of yew berries around

Originally Posted by Lynne View Post
Gorgeous photos Jenny I love the last one of the view.
One day last summer I took a book with me in a back pack and sat and read for a while, while the dogs chilled out. It was bliss.

Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
Stunning views Jenny. Didn't think it was cold enough for the hat and gloves up here today though, been quite a pleasant day actually. No rain is good!!!
That folly looks really nice, you could sit down in there and have a flask and sandwiches couldn't you.
It must be a huge place to be able to walk for 2 hours!!!
You aren't really meant to take dogs in the 'buildings' but it is always pretty deserted It is so peaceful there and the volunteers who look after the place beautifully know us now and often come over and chat. I find it very therapeutic there. It was very chilly and on the way back the outside temp (according to my car was 5 degrees!)

Originally Posted by Cath View Post
Beautiful photos
Thanks Cath.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-11-2013, 05:58 PM
Beautiful park Gorgeous doggies Glad you had a good day with your friend,she looks lovely
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

15-11-2013, 06:13 PM
Lovely photos look a great place to walk.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >