View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
greyhoundk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-05-2009, 08:22 PM
Of course, no problem with responsible dog owners, i agree we all get tarred with the same brush - i am so paranoid about what others think when i am walking my dog that i have taken to tying my poo bags on her lead for all to see. It really winds me up when i see people not picking up after their dogs and i do usually politely offer a poo bag......

I can't believe dogs being banned on leads in town, how ridiculous - no doubt that would be down to the irresponsible owners who let their dogs run riot. I see people here with dogs walking along on the pavement with no leads on, they don't seem concerned at all about the dog possibly running in the road.

I can see it getting like the States where they have dog parks - maybe some people would prefer this ?

Whichever way, its always the irresponsible owners spoiling it for everyone else.
JanieM
Dogsey Senior
Female 

12-05-2009, 08:33 PM
I have to say I think that poster show all dogs in a bad light and does us responsible people no favours and I think make people even more anti dog. I agree something needs to be done to make people accountable for their dogs doodoo though, just not sure what. I get so fed up when I see someone walking off and not even noticing their dog has left a deposit. My mum will usually chase after them waving a poo bag so they have no excuse (I'm not brave enough to do that).
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-05-2009, 08:22 AM
Do we now get a poster with a dog chomping at a (used) disposable nappy? Or bleeding after a paw cut on a broken bottle?
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-05-2009, 08:55 AM
Do we now get a poster with a dog chomping at a (used) disposable nappy? Or bleeding after a paw cut on a broken bottle?
Exactly!!! I have had BOTH those incidences happen to me and my dog. It works both ways.

One thing that really bothers me is (at least where I live) the lack of poo bins and regular litter bins. On one of my favourite local walks, there is a exactly ONE poo bin at the start of the walk. It hardly encourages people to pick up, does it?
IsoChick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-05-2009, 09:33 AM
Several new poo bins were put up a while ago in the area... them removed a few weeks later because residents didn't want a 'filthy, stinking bin full of dog-sh!t' in front of their house....

So they'd rather have a steaming pile of dog poo, would they!?
greyhoundk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-05-2009, 04:39 PM
Only one dog poo bin where i walk - why can't people carry it until they get to the end of the walk like i do - not hard is it ? there should be more bins but this is no excuse !
catsta2001
Dogsey Senior
Female 

13-05-2009, 05:01 PM
In Totnes there is a piece of grass that I use. It has no use other than it runs along side a path. A man came up to me and said "I hope you aren't going to let your dogs foul on there". I said if they need to go then i am not going to stop them. He got right on his high horse ranting and raving. i showed him the bags and said i would pick it up so i didn't see the problem. I said would you rather they did it here on the path way?

Designated dogs poo areas would be great, but when you live in the middle of the town and where nearly all the houses are garden less, then needs must.

Talking about kids eating s hit. When i was at the Church earlier one lad turned to another and said "i double dare you to pick that up and eat a bit, i will well give you £20 if you do"!!!

Kids needs educating on the dangers of poo...i bet they weren't aware of all the harmful bacteria in it.
IsoChick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-05-2009, 08:39 PM
Originally Posted by greyhoundk View Post
Only one dog poo bin where i walk - why can't people carry it until they get to the end of the walk like i do - not hard is it ? there should be more bins but this is no excuse !
Because if you have 2 large dogs who poo lots on a long walk, you end up with 4 - 6 large, full poo bags in your hands, plus 2 dogs, which means you don't have enough hands!!
greyhoundk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-05-2009, 08:51 PM
Mmmm hadn't thought of that me only having one dog ! what i must admit it is infuriating there not being enough bins but some people pee me off, on one walk i go on there is one bin at the end of the walk but people pick up then just chuck the bag in the grass coz they can't be arsed to use the bin. Sometimes i pick up and leave the bag by the side then pick up and dispose of on the way back.
Cassius
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-05-2009, 09:11 PM
Hi,

I agree to everythign said so far. To be honest, I think we should have dog parks. At least then those who don't like dogs can stay away, those whoare responsible will pick up their dog's poo and those who aren't will no doubt get moaned at by the responsible owners.

And I prefer dogs to kids also.

I have a 4 year old Son who CAN read. Not everything but most things. And hes ALWAYS supervised so if small children get into a mess eating dog poo, then yes, it's down to the parents. I'm not saying that all children can be watched 24/7 because at home I DO take my eyes off him. But when we're out and about, I watch him like a hawk. If I can't see him, I panic and those who've walked with me (YoungStevie and QueenWillow) will be able to tell you what I'm like in sutton Park.

I always pick up after my dogs unless they've done a hell of a lot ofit and I've run otu of bags in which case Ihave no choice but to leave it, or if they have na upset stomach (as all GSDs do at some point) and I'd make more of a mess by trying to pick it up.

Laura xx
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >