Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
nero
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

08-10-2007, 01:18 PM

The Tories are miffed

They thought they could cajole Gordie to have a snap election, what a cheek, he's only been PM for a couple of months and they knew that the public are always wary of a new PM.

This is typical of the tories, they don't have a clue how to run a country but if there's an opportunity to slip in the back door they'll take it.

Gordon aint a mug, he's still got 2 years to run, and make no mistake, he will prove himself a good PM.

DC should change jobs, an astronaught comes to mind, fire him into outer space then we'll all get some peace.
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-10-2007, 01:54 PM
No Gordon isn't a mug, he saw he was falling in the polls so changed his mind. I think that there should be set terms for parliament.
I think he's lost a lot of face because of this farce.
Becky
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-10-2007, 02:17 PM
if he pulls the troops out as discussed he will win polls again

he's ok i think the word Tory reminds us all of maggie

NOW THAT DOES MAKE ME SHUDDER
boobah
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-10-2007, 02:33 PM
Originally Posted by Inca View Post
if he pulls the troops out as discussed he will win polls again

he's ok i think the word Tory reminds us all of maggie

NOW THAT DOES MAKE ME SHUDDER
I don't usually get into politics but I sure do agree with you,
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

08-10-2007, 02:38 PM
Originally Posted by Mahooli View Post
No Gordon isn't a mug, he saw he was falling in the polls so changed his mind. I think that there should be set terms for parliament.
I think he's lost a lot of face because of this farce.
Becky
I agree its a farce and both imo have come out of it like kids, he said he was having an election, no i didnt he made it up, no i didnt i have a friend who said you did.

I dont think the polls had anything to do with it, both brown and "dave" know this, or they should do or they are not smart enough to be running a country. If I remember rightly labour had a 7pt lead in the 1992 election and still lost.

Brown is not a mug, would you go to the polls when the weather is likely to be wet, the nights are dark, both meaning less voters and also the threat of a postal strike so again less votes via postal, or go in the spring/summer when weather better, light nights and hopefully postal strikes ended.
IanTaylor
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

08-10-2007, 06:36 PM
From what I saw.. It was Broon who hinted at an election when he saw the polls giving him a good lead... then he bottled it when he got pegged back.... wee bit of a backfire on him me thinks
hectorsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-10-2007, 07:35 PM
Originally Posted by IanTaylor View Post
From what I saw.. It was Broon who hinted at an election when he saw the polls giving him a good lead... then he bottled it when he got pegged back.... wee bit of a backfire on him me thinks
OOOOOOOO 'The Broon's in the Sunday Post.....now thats a blast from the past.

Gordie can stay as long as he likes. DC is a creepy man with too many plums in his mouth.
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

09-10-2007, 07:09 PM
Today shown had crap imo both parties are. You had the chancellor and shadow chancellor arguing about which party had the best pollicy on inheritance tax. None of them, this is a disgraceful tax whatever the threshold and arguing whos takes less is pathetic. I have voted every time since I have been eligible but the next election(whenever that is) I am sorely tempted not to as I dont think any are worthy
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-10-2007, 07:22 PM
I thought we were all voting for you next election :smt002
Becky
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

09-10-2007, 07:35 PM
Originally Posted by Mahooli View Post
I thought we were all voting for you next election :smt002
Becky
I would do a lot better job than the two bunch of idiots we can choose between, I say two because I can take the lib dems seriously