Our sister sites
Our sister sites
teenytiny
Almost a Veteran
Female 

23-11-2006, 08:49 PM

** Dog names ***

How did you choose your dogs name?

Me and my OH had the agreement that I chose the breed, he chose the name. OK I thought. Even though we both ended up choosing the breed OH wanted to name him after a footy player ( erm yer right ) and I couldnt agree to any name he came up with so he then blurted out GEORGE as in St George of England. Mmmm, I thought, yep St George cross. So there we have it Georgie is the name!!!
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

23-11-2006, 08:53 PM
And he got his footballer Georgie Best
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

23-11-2006, 09:09 PM
Our 1st dog Storm got his name as we 1st saw him during a storm. Jake was already called Jake. Star was my sisters choice as she has always liked the name and i could not be bothered arguing with her as i knew i would lose and Skye was given as we thought it was a nice name and did not have much time to choose it.
lizziel
Almost a Veteran
Female 

23-11-2006, 09:17 PM
OH is a biker - couldn't have the dog called Honda or VFR so settled for Harley
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-11-2006, 09:58 PM
Inca was because she's an Inuit and it began with 'I'

Tonto after the JRT in the old John Smith's Bitter adverts...

Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-11-2006, 11:05 PM
We got Fudge from a rescue where she had come in with her mum. We were sad to have to leave the mum behind so named our pup after her mum....so we don`t forget her either.
DobieGirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-11-2006, 10:02 AM
We got Roxy from the fact I was really into Sabrina the teenage witch, and in the 'college' years she has a gothicy friend called Roxy.

Some people think we got the name from Chicago??

And other people think we got the name from a clothing brand, which I recently found out existed (its like an oakley brand/surf wear) so now I own three 'Roxy' T-shirts.

And it looks really sad when I walk down the street with Roxy and 'Roxy' Written across my chest Well, I find it amusing anyway
jumbosdad
Dogsey Junior
Male 

24-11-2006, 10:13 AM
Just be careful what you name your dog. Rememeber it gets called out at the vets! Never forget sitting near a hairy tattooed multilple peirced mountain of a man with a cat in a basket. then the name snooky sweetums was called up he got, as he disappeard into the consulting room everyone burst out laughing !
tink
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-11-2006, 11:06 AM
Originally Posted by jumbosdad View Post
Just be careful what you name your dog. Rememeber it gets called out at the vets! Never forget sitting near a hairy tattooed multilple peirced mountain of a man with a cat in a basket. then the name snooky sweetums was called up he got, as he disappeard into the consulting room everyone burst out laughing !
LOL !!!

Alfie ended up Alfie because we couldn't agree,I wanted Bert or Clyde,OH wanted Alpha and our little boy wanted to call him Stuart !!!!!
So we eventually settled with Alfie

Daisy was previously called Brandy when she came to us and so we chose a name (and i asked for some help here) that sounded similar,having said that i dont think it made much difference.
jumbosdad
Dogsey Junior
Male 

24-11-2006, 12:40 PM
think the best name I have heard is daniel the spaniel
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >