View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Collie Convert
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-03-2011, 07:31 PM

Training classes- ipswich & idiotic brother rant.

Well, my brother got a 6 month old female staffie (apparently already "spade" as his gf didnt want a female to "have periods" )

Some may remember my other thread about them as they were going to buy a pedigree pug delivered to the door for £200 (that turned out to be a scam- which i was thankful for)

He asked me a couple of weeks ago whether i knew anyone with a staff pup they wanted to give him for free....erm- no!
I also told him that he should NOT have a puppy of any breed as he lives in a flat...and is lazy! i told him a pup would be so difficult to housetrain in a flat and also there is the issue of picking up disease when going into public area to toilet...not that he would prob even get it vaccd.

He then told me last week that he had been to see this bitch free to good home, and that they were going to have her in a few weeks- reason being is that he is coming over this way to visit and is staying at mine for the weekend so was going to wait til after then.

Welll, he phoned me today and his exact words were "alright lay, how do you stop a dog pulling on the lead" x 1000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They got her two days ago, she pulls on the lead like a tank, i tried to explain the basics of how to stop it (as best i could on the phone) and told him its not an overnight cure and could well take months of consistent training.

Soooo, i then asked him what he was doing with her next weekend when he comes to mine *silence* then, "erm, dont know" so i took my opportunity and told him (as i have said before to him when he told me he was getting this 6mnth old) that absolutely NO WAY, not a chance in hell is he bringing her to mine...bringing an adolescent bitch into my house would likely cause BIG problems for my bitches who are already having some issues lately.
I dont care whether he thinks i am being unfair or selfish because he may think that to him, but i have to be selfish for the sake of peace in my household with my own dogs...he doesnt seem to be able to see this.
I have a feeling he will just turn up with her...in which case i am not going to let him in!
Either that or he will go off round to my mums with her...who will also say not a chance seeing as she has a DA bitch.

Anyhow...he needs training classes to take her to but i have searched and cant seem to find any in ipswich...has to be as near as possible to ipswich as neither of them drive...any recommendations?

Thankyou...and sorry for the major rant!!!!
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-03-2011, 08:15 PM
Ahhh brothers - darling creatures aren't they

No idea of training classes. His GF is a bit strange no offence meant of course..dog periods?

Maybe getting him to join Dogsey may open his eyes to the complex world of owning a dog? Then again you wouldn't be able to have rants - and having an older brother I know how important these rants are..

Good luck and hope he manages to keep the dog.
Collie Convert
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-03-2011, 09:26 PM
Originally Posted by SLB View Post
Ahhh brothers - darling creatures aren't they

No idea of training classes. His GF is a bit strange no offence meant of course..dog periods?

Maybe getting him to join Dogsey may open his eyes to the complex world of owning a dog? Then again you wouldn't be able to have rants - and having an older brother I know how important these rants are..

Good luck and hope he manages to keep the dog.
I wouldnt know...ive never met her! he moved over 2 hrs away to live with her after knowing her 6wks from a dating site!

If he joins i will have to have my thread deleted...he would throw a fit lol.

I do hope he does keep her, just afraid he got her on a whim...and who will it be who picks up the pieces/takes her on if he gives up...muggins here!!