View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
taz_in_2001
Dogsey Senior
Female 

31-03-2011, 06:40 PM

****zon????? Boxweiler???? so sick of this designer breeding!!!

I have been browsing a well known site that have swap shops on their pages.

A women selling shi*zons, what a joke £380, her answer when I asked why this price for a cross was "well the parents are pedigree"... gorgeous looking pups but they are what they are "mongrels"!!! (no offense to mongrels I have one here at home with me) these people are having a laugh.

A man selling Boxweilers £300 a pup he states lovely pups and I have a cracking runt for £150... how the heck are these people allowed to do this.

No wonder the prices on dogs have gone shooting through the roof, if people are getting £300 for a mongrel then the breeders will ask for more, I am sick to death of these back street breeders continuing to breed unchecked dogs and bitches and filling the rescues to the max.

Sorry for the rant , I am so annoyed.
Sarah
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-03-2011, 06:45 PM
We paid £300 for our "Springador" but we looked at the Mum - excellent working dog, and we looked at how they were kept and asked about the price and it wasn't for money - it was going back into the animals on the farm - for feeds and winter stocks. Sometimes it's not all about money...but yes - it is ridiculous sometimes.
taz_in_2001
Dogsey Senior
Female 

31-03-2011, 06:54 PM
Originally Posted by SLB View Post
We paid £300 for our "Springador" but we looked at the Mum - excellent working dog, and we looked at how they were kept and asked about the price and it wasn't for money - it was going back into the animals on the farm - for feeds and winter stocks. Sometimes it's not all about money...but yes - it is ridiculous sometimes.
I wouldn't mind the prices so much if it was going back into something like you said but you can tell by these peoples other photos they are not that way inclined (i know i know, judge a book and all that sorry!) they look the type of lets breed our dogs for a couple of quid type .

Both lots of puppies look stunning and if it wasn't for the price or other photos, one turned me right off, holding the puppies with a fag in his hand, I just thought jeez put your fag down at least, puppies have lungs too .... sooo sad, I just hope they find lovely homes x
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-03-2011, 06:58 PM
Originally Posted by taz_in_2001 View Post
I wouldn't mind the prices so much if it was going back into something like you said but you can tell by these peoples other photos they are not that way inclined (i know i know, judge a book and all that sorry!) they look the type of lets breed our dogs for a couple of quid type .

Both lots of puppies look stunning and if it wasn't for the price or other photos, one turned me right off, holding the puppies with a fag in his hand, I just thought jeez put your fag down at least, puppies have lungs too .... sooo sad, I just hope they find lovely homes x
Yes I know what you mean. When we paid, the money went straight into the hands of the hay delivery man - for the horses winter feed. So we knew where it went.

Status crosses p*ss me off the most though.
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-03-2011, 07:07 PM
It drives me mad too,came across someone who breeds cavachons and claims they have a low to non shedding coat,claim they live longer than full peds etc...
Also saw someone wanting a cavapoo because her daughter has allergies but free or cheap as poss.

Both advertising on that social networking site.

I did a search on another tacky advertising site and was gobsmacked at the amount of these designer crosses
taz_in_2001
Dogsey Senior
Female 

31-03-2011, 07:11 PM
Originally Posted by Sal View Post
social networking site.
Thats the word I was looking for!

Its getting beyond, I was looking at one swap shop on there, she asked for a pup the next week she was selling one and two days later she had another... all down to the "allergies" excuse x
MerlinsMum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-03-2011, 08:44 PM
Hmm.... The Mayhew Animal Home in London has a Pug x Border Terrier in for rehoming (owner died). Very unusual-looking dog! But whoever thought that one up.... unless it was genuinely accidental? What would you call them, for starters.... Borgs? Pugders?
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-03-2011, 09:03 PM
Originally Posted by MerlinsMum View Post
Hmm.... The Mayhew Animal Home in London has a Pug x Border Terrier in for rehoming (owner died). Very unusual-looking dog! But whoever thought that one up.... unless it was genuinely accidental? What would you call them, for starters.... Borgs? Pugders?
Borg - LOL he was a tennis player Sorry my warped sense of humor

Seriously though,it's getting out of hand.
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-03-2011, 09:10 PM
Originally Posted by MerlinsMum View Post
Er I think the word is "crossbreeds"!
taz_in_2001
Dogsey Senior
Female 

31-03-2011, 09:17 PM
I have seen Jugs being sold (Pug x Jack Russell), Chions?? lol (Chihuahua x Bichon) JRT x French Bulldogs and many more just can't think off the top of my head. It seriously is getting out of hand though and needs to be stopped, cross breeds are fine but not when they come from back street breeders for a couple of "hundred" quid... damn you celebs!!! no health checks, nothing! x
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >